Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #1  

zslnk

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 135
Hello,
I have a Massey 135 (1968) that has a differential lock pedal that looks different than any I've seen. Is this from another model?

Tractor serial number range 1968
Made in USA
6 speed, no multi-power
5 gauges

File_.jpeg - Google Drive
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #2  
Looks like it came off a motorcycle--A passenger foot peg. ;)

But hey, if it works, it works. I always have trouble finding the one on the Ford. I have to look down to find it. It's about the size of a silver dollar. :rolleyes:

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #3  
That's definitely different from every other 135 or 35 that I have operated. Like Tinhack says, if it works.....

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID
Cruising the internet reveals there is a pedal like that for 135, 65, 165 and some industrial tractor fitments. I was unsure if I had a vinyard or industrial model but the rear end looks the same as my other 135 otherwise. It likely got seized, someone pounded on it and broke the original. It just looks like it fits too well to be cobbled together...

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #5  
It just looks like it fits too well to be cobbled together...
That's what makes a good repair GREAT! :thumbsup:

Added: After re-reading my previous post, I have to say I must be getting old. Does anyone else even remember what a "silver dollar" looked like? :eek:

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID
I was looking at the classifieds today and saw a MF 135 for sale with the same pedal. Apparently mine isn't unique.
diff_lock.JPG - Google Drive

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #7  
I was at my cousin's yesterday doing some electrical stuff for him and didn't realize he still had an old 135. I looked at it and his doesn't even have a diff lock. I didn't crawl around but with a cursory look I didn't see the shaft. Now I'm curious if they came without it. I know our old 35 had one.

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #8  
The only way to know, for sure, is to look in the parts book. See if shows that pedal with a part number (with or without the shaft). I'm pretty sure it would be shown in an operator's manual too.

For deep plowing or heavy pulls, you'd want that pedal accessible and easy to use. The only time I've used mine is to pull the tractor out of a mud hole. It still needed my B.I.L. on my dozer pulling too.

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #9  
It is original. 194643M1 Shaft, with a 192779M1 pedal connected by a 192778M1 special 7/16 NF bolt. Used prior to transmission serial number CA13373. I always though it would be nice to be able to swing the pedal out of the way.

/ Massey 135 Diff Lock Pedal ID #10  
The 1968 Massey Ferguson 135 Deluxe that I grew up on had the same pedal.