massey 135 no oil pressure

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #1  

megana

Tractor
135 massey ferguson
Hi I bought a massey 135 about A year ago It was supposed to have been rebuilt I could tell it had been apart by all the new gaskets. With that said I was bush hogging last week and noticed I had no oil pressure so I got it back to my shop I took the pressure line off at the tractor seemed to be pumping out pretty good but no pressure at the gauge I went to see the guy I bought it from which is a tractor repair place told him my problem he gave me his shop gauge and I screwed it into the block still no pressure. but it seemed to go up to about 20# while the starter was turning it over but when it started it would drop to 0. does anyone have any ideas on this or is the pump shot.
Thanks for looking.

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #2  
Could be the pump losing prime due to a bad seal on the pickup tube or a cracked pick up tube etc. What did he guy you bought it from say about the rebuild? Did he replace the pump?

/ massey 135 no oil pressure
Could be the pump losing prime due to a bad seal on the pickup tube or a cracked pick up tube etc. What did he guy you bought it from say about the rebuild? Did he replace the pump?

It was supposed to hAve been new only has maybe a100 hours on it I started the tractor this morning and it was cold out side pressure came right up and slowly went down as the tractor warmed up.

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #4  
Are you sure you dont have a sump full of diesel

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #6  
If the oil pump wasn't rebuilt that could be it (new gears, bushings, pressure relief spring). What weight of oil are you using? (you may need to got to a heavier weight oil). Another problem with the continental gas engine is that the big oil filter is only a bypass oil filter, all the critical parts like crankshaft bearings don't get filtered oil.

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #7  
You've had the tractor for a year and it suddenly lost oil pressure! I wonder if the pressure relief valve is stuck open, or the main bearings are worn, or the pump is worn?

/ massey 135 no oil pressure #8