3-Point Hitch Massey 150 3 point problem

/ Massey 150 3 point problem #1  

Carl1

Tractor
IH 574 and IH424,Ih3414 loader
I just bought a massey 150 with loader. Runs good but when trying to use 3 point hitch found out that the 3 point will not stay up under pressure. I have order a oem manuel for it. Until it comes in ant ideas on why the 3 point hitch will not stay up?
thanks

/ Massey 150 3 point problem #2  
Carl,
I may be wrong, but it sounds like the master control spring is bad. If you will e-mail Big Dean Austin, he will tell you how to test for it. He has a quick and easy test that you can do. He is the best MF mechanic around. Here is his site. Big Dean's Massey Ferguson tips BTW, buy his CD. It will be one of the best things that you can get to keep you tractor running and in top notch shape.

/ Massey 150 3 point problem #3  
Carl1 said:
I just bought a massey 150 with loader. Runs good but when trying to use 3 point hitch found out that the 3 point will not stay up under pressure. I have order a oem manuel for it. Until it comes in ant ideas on why the 3 point hitch will not stay up?
thanks

Is the position control lever drifting down with the lift? If not, follow that link to Big Dean. He'll use a piece of chain and a bolt to show you how to test the control spring. If you own a Massey you need to know Big Dean. If the pos. control lever is drifting down with the lift, there's a tension screw on the lever itself that might need tightening.