Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #1  

Kerrigan244

Tractor
New to the forums, so I have a Massey 1528 hydrostatic trans, I was bush hogging and drive it into a sizable hole. After removing tractor from the hole the front axle rear mount had broken off front the frame taps. In the grand scheme of things this is not the biggest problem.
After a more in depth look both the front axle pinion and the 4wd output shaft have sheared off the splines... I知 not to worried about the axle pinion. The biggest problem is fixing the 4wd output shaft in the transmission. If anyone has taken this on any advice would be great as fare as removal. I was able to download the service repair manual but it doesn稚 clearly or in any type of depth explain how this should be done. 4D6E0F1F-20FE-469C-BB2E-FA6151E19023.jpeg

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #2  
Ouch. That's going to be expensive. The 4WD shift fork broke (crappy weld, but too late for any warranty, unfortunately) on my 2310, and that necessitated a complete tear-down. $1200+ to replace a $30 part.....

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #3  
I have been accused of bashing massey ferguson. However, I have a 1531 (what a heap ), i have had the four wheel drive shell 3 different times at an average of 4000 dollars to repair. You admitted you hit a hole, but these tractors have weak front ends. The dealer and agco finally admitted they have front end issues especially if you have a front end loader. I wish you the best of luck, but your story is more common than your dealer and agco want you to know.

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #4  
I have been accused of bashing massey ferguson. However, I have a 1531 (what a heap ), i have had the four wheel drive shell 3 different times at an average of 4000 dollars to repair. You admitted you hit a hole, but these tractors have weak front ends. The dealer and agco finally admitted they have front end issues especially if you have a front end loader. I wish you the best of luck, but your story is more common than your dealer and agco want you to know.

Do you know if the 1700 series shares the same weakness as the 1500 series? I have a 1726E on my short list for the spring along side the Kioti CK2610 and the Kubota L2501. Those are pretty much the 3 units I am considering, everything else considered has dropped from my list of potential products.

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #5  
So has anybody considered adapting a different brands front end to this series of Massey? As long as the final drive ratio matches then it would just be a matter of fabricating the adaptors.

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #6  
Do you know if the 1700 series shares the same weakness as the 1500 series? I have a 1726E on my short list for the spring along side the Kioti CK2610 and the Kubota L2501. Those are pretty much the 3 units I am considering, everything else considered has dropped from my list of potential products.
I can't say about the front axle on the 1700 series tractor. I was at the dealer with my 1531 and did some window shopping for. Kicks. I believe it was the 2600 or 2700 (can't recall the number, but maybe 50ish hp tractors) and it looked like maybe they redesigned the front axle and beefed it up some. I have seen some reporrd of this 4 tier regeneration stuff causing some trouble not the 1700. I also have heard some guys mention trouble with the hydrostatic drive causing trouble. I will say this, if you go with a 1700 series tractor with a front end loader, I strongly recommend putting fluid in the rear tires. Front end loaders are hard on front axle naturally, especially if you use the loader alot. Fluid in the rear tires will help offset the stress the loader will cause.

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd
51E87C7F-12A8-4542-AE00-BBF935C6D7CF.jpegWell I never came back to update ,

It was fixed and it happened again this time going down a 45degree hill:confused3: . After paying 2k for the fix . This time when the Axle broke the 4wd system lived thank god but In turn it came up and cracked the timing case cover ? . This is insane , B3521CAE-BC22-4697-A12C-66AD120EDE7A.png anyone with knowledge on replaceing the timing cover would be real help full or finding a used complete one ? Feel free to call/text if you know where or if this can be purchased complete, maybe a new front frame as well ? One more suited for a 2600 lb tractor not 1” thin jankytabs , I’ve seen bicycles with stronger mounting points 3524282207

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #8  
Re: Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd

I know your sense of humor is probably worn pretty **** thin by this point, but I'll take a stab at it anyways.....

Your Kubota dealer has the replacement timing cover for your tractor. And lucky for you it just so happens to come with an absolute excellent quality japanese-made tractor! Guaranteed to fix all of the problems that Massey Ferguson / Agco builds into their tractors.

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd
Re: Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd

I’ve been having a hard time finding good motor information/parts/interchangeability, I know it is a very common motor if there are any links that would be great. 9938CA8D-4633-454E-BE5D-6C4DA3AB5379.jpeg

/ Massey 1528 broken front axle & 4wd #10  
View attachment 553510Well I never came back to update ,

It was fixed and it happened again this time going down a 45degree hill:confused3: . After paying 2k for the fix . This time when the Axle broke the 4wd system lived thank god but In turn it came up and cracked the timing case cover ? . This is insane , View attachment 553509 anyone with knowledge on replaceing the timing cover would be real help full or finding a used complete one ? Feel free to call/text if you know where or if this can be purchased complete, maybe a new front frame as well ? One more suited for a 2600 lb tractor not 1” thin jankytabs , I’ve seen bicycles with stronger mounting points 3524282207
Hmm where did you get your repair manual? The 4x4 on my MF1528 does not engage anymore. It would be great to have the repair manuel.

I'm told to cheque the drive shaft and I need to remouve the cover.