Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #1  

Tooter

I have purchased a Massey Ferguson 2200 Industrial with a front end loader. The tractor seems to run fine. My lighting has gone out, so if anyone happens to have info on re-wiring the light.
The tractor has two handles on the right hand side just below the seat. It also has a slider on the right side of the tractor inwhich I have no idea what this is. My problem though is this: I have drained and put new hydraulic fluid in the tractor. The arms lift fine with no load. When I put a load on it, such as a bush hog, it will either not lift it or if I open the throttle up it will lift it very slowly. Sometimes, not at all.
I hope this is not to confusing and someone has some suggestions.

Thanks,
Tooter
near Memphis, Tn

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics
I have purchased a Massey Ferguson 2200 Industrial with a front end loader. The tractor seems to run fine. My lighting has gone out, so if anyone happens to have info on re-wiring the light.
The tractor has two handles on the right hand side just below the seat. It also has a slider on the right side of the tractor inwhich I have no idea what this is. My problem though is this: I have drained and put new hydraulic fluid in the tractor. The arms lift fine with no load. When I put a load on it, such as a bush hog, it will either not lift it or if I open the throttle up it will lift it very slowly. Sometimes, not at all.
I hope this is not to confusing and someone has some suggestions.

Thanks,
Tooter
near Memphis, Tn

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #3  
I would try cleaning the prescreen (if it has one) and some new hyd filters.

Joe

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #4  
I would try cleaning the prescreen (if it has one) and some new hyd filters.

Joe

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #5  
Which arms are you talking about? Front loader or three point hitch? Whichever it is, do the others act the same way?

I *think* some tractors have a lift speed or something of that nature for the 3 point hitch. That may be what the slider is. Might wanna try moving that if it is your 3PH that is the trouble.

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #6  
Which arms are you talking about? Front loader or three point hitch? Whichever it is, do the others act the same way?

I *think* some tractors have a lift speed or something of that nature for the 3 point hitch. That may be what the slider is. Might wanna try moving that if it is your 3PH that is the trouble.

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #7  
Tooter,
What you need to do is go to Big Dean Austin’s Internet site. He is an expert on older MF tractors and also has tons of information about the Industrials. You can e-mail him and he will help. If he doesn’t know, no one does.

/ Massey 2200 industrial hydraulics #8  
Tooter,
What you need to do is go to Big Dean Austin’s Internet site. He is an expert on older MF tractors and also has tons of information about the Industrials. You can e-mail him and he will help. If he doesn’t know, no one does.