Massey 235 injector pump leak

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #1  

Clyde the Pointer

Tractor
MF 235
My Massey is leaking from these places and I have tightened the bolts, however I can't make it stop dripping. There is an injector pump place in Mt. Vernon that comes highly recommended for a grand or so to rebuild, however I'd love to avoid that if I can, as the tractor runs great. It is a 1975 Model and no I am not a mechanic, though I can huck my way through stuff from time-to-time.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Tim

masseymarked_zpsefed93b8.jpg
IMG_0700_zps1425bf18.jpg
IMG_0704_zpsed40ae25.jpg

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #3  
Those leaks are fixed by replacing rubber "O" rings or copper washers. Don't need to spend $1,000 for no reason.
Have a look at the label on the injection pump and let us know what the pump model is. It looks like a DBG model rotary fuel pump - if so it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
How bad are the leaks anyway - just steady drips ?
I worked on mine and fixed it for about $40.

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #4  
My Massey is leaking from these places and I have tightened the bolts, however I can't make it stop dripping. There is an injector pump place in Mt. Vernon that comes highly recommended for a grand or so to rebuild, however I'd love to avoid that if I can, as the tractor runs great. It is a 1975 Model and no I am not a mechanic, though I can huck my way through stuff from time-to-time.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Tim

View attachment 374264
View attachment 374265
View attachment 374266

It's hard to see where the leaks are. Sorry, now I see that the pic is three and not just one. Can you spray the area in question with some brake cleaner spray and air dry it, then show where the leaks are located?
The area you circled looks like it takes a copper crush washer, possibly, or a similar type, as suggested by doxford jim.
Hope you get it sorted for low $'s.

Where is the place that rebuilds pumps, name/address please. We'd like to add to the list already in existence of rebuild places...

Thanks,

CM

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak
The shop is called Performance Diesel 800.698.1902 they have a website and are in or near Mt. Vernon.

The tag on the pump:

CAV

DPA 3233F670

SET WW48/900/2/2390

SER 5224 and maybe a letter behind that number, it's hard to say, can't really read.

The leaks are steady drips every 3-5 seconds.

Thanks Doxford I am awaiting your next instructions.

Regards,

Tim

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #6  
You can ask the shop to reseal it, kit is about 30$ plus labour. Unfortunately most shops I've encountered will only do the rebuild for a grand.

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #7  
Tim,
Check out this link - it is a manual for the fuel pump that you should be able to download to your computer.

http://www.bluemoment.com/manuals/Lucas CAV DPA injection pump instruction book.pdf

Also check out diesel injection shops for seal kits. There is a place in Texas that does sell to the public and their prices are very reasonable. If I remember the name I will post it, but for now the name escapes me.

OK - got it, it is US Diesel and they will probably be able to supply the parts your need if you give them the information off of the pump nameplate.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...O7_5wwY6y2kc9_7megvTBGw&bvm=bv.66330100,d.cGU

You will need to dig around their website to find the contact info.
For me they were able to get me the parts to repair the DBG injection pump on my JD450 (1969).
Good luck and let us know how you made out - hopefully they will be able to help you.
Jim

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #8  
Tim,
You probably only need a seal kit (including copper washers etc.) for about $40 or so. If memory serves, US Diesel has a minimum charge of somewhere around $60 maybe more, don't know for sure.
Anyhow, read the manual and I think a seal kit is probably all you need.

/ Massey 235 injector pump leak #9  
Tim,

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a PDF copy of the DB2 fuel injection pump for the F250 International 6.9 diesel engine.
These are slightly different pumps but work essentially the same as your CAV DPA pump. The manual might help you better understand what there is . As I say, the workings are almost identical.