Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer #1  

artcarneyagr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1250
I managed to bend the threaded portion of my stabilizer/check chain. Is there an aftermarket one out there that would easily replace the stock one?

It's the part circled in yellow in the picture:

2022-03-07 14_03_14-Clipboard.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer #2  
Yep, Tractor Supply sells them. You need to measure and make sure the range of adjustment is compatible for your 1250. Eyeball says yes. I had the same issue with a Kubota and the TSC unit was not a compatible length.

Also I have had some success straightening those threaded rods. Clamp between two scraps of 2x4 to preserve the threads and use a vise. Use nuts in the bent rod where you can get them on. Take advantage of the threaded turnbuckle too. Find a 4ft piece of pipe that will just clear and go over the rod assembly for bending leverage. Just keep fiddling with it until you find a way to unbend it. I advise against heat.

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer #3  
Any major tractor/farm supply should have one ... All you need to know is the "length"...

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer #4  
if not actually snapped can you heat, straighten, retemper then clean up threads?
agco parts lookup
couple models (serial # split it looks like) so maybe able to find part number. if I am right its part # 3702554M1 listed under (oddly) trailer hitch linkage section item # 19
Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer
Is 19 just the shackle, or the whole assembly? Item 15 or 16 would be the part that's bent, I can't remember at the moment which threaded end is bent, but it's definitely either 15 or 16.

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer #6  
19 was just the end threaded shackle think the other 2 pieces were about same price IF I looked up right model number.

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 - bent stabilizer link/check chain stabilizer
19 was just the end threaded shackle think the other 2 pieces were about same price IF I looked up right model number.
The diagram looks correct. I may have to go to my local AGCO dealer I guess and see if they have it, which is unhandy, but such is life. Drives me nuts I can't just order online from somewhere.

I did find this part for about $50, it says it's for 24"-27" of length, I'm currently using about 14" of length +/-2", I'm thinking maybe I could cut off 3 or 4 links of the chain to get the correct length to make it work:

2022-02-22 11_24_49-Greenshot.png