Massey Ferguson 135 Help

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Help #1  

mdyer

This is my first post here. My Grandfather passed away last November. He left me his Massey Ferguson 135, I don't know the year. Ive used the tractor from time to time but, he did all the repairs if something happened. I used it last fall to grade his driveway and the 3 point lift worked fine. I tried to use it this weekend after it sat all winter to grade the road and the 3 point hitch wont do anything. I drained and changed the hydraulic oil which had a lot of water in it. I can lift the 3 point up by hand. There is no pressure on it at all. I was going to try to clean or change the filter today using the information I found on this site. Any suggestions before I start into something I really don't know anything about? Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Help #2  
What oil did you use? Can it still be ice at the bottom or pump inlet?

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Help
I used Travelers for older tractors from tractor supply. I don稚 think it has ice in it but it's龍 possible I guess.

Last edited:
I used Travelers for older tractors from tractor supply. I don稚 think it has ice in it but it's龍 possible I guess.

I drained the fluid again and it was still milky. got the Hydraulic filter out, it was awful as expected. Any idea if I can get a replacement filter
at NAPA or autozone? Anyone have the filter number by chance?

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Help #5  
It's not an filter in a ordinary sens, it is supposed to be washed if possible, should not cost much at your MF dealer if you want to replace it. Be sure the rubber around your gear shift is OK and the rubber at your top end is the same.

/ Massey Ferguson 135 Help #6  
You need mineral oil for it not yellow bucket Hyd fluid . Tractor supply carries it in a 2 gal jug .

Okay will do

So I don稚 need hydraulic fluid? Mineral oil?

Thank you! Much Appreciated.