Massey Ferguson 1643 Clutch Problem

/ Massey Ferguson 1643 Clutch Problem #31  
Cab shuttering can be resolved by adding a 1" washer under the cab mounts - there is a correct loacation and an incorrect location to add the washer so be careful. Shutering is unrelated to the clutch itself, although shuddering is more likely to occure when releasing the clutch slowly in HI range while going up a very light incline. The "addded" washer location is different on a 1600 series than on a 1500 seires so be sure to install it in the correct place or it won't work.

/ Massey Ferguson 1643 Clutch Problem #32  
Hey tpoole12 I went to Kentucky today and tested a 1652 cab, loader, Dyna QPS, 16.9 X 24 ag tires. Over all this tractor was great! The front ag tires caused some shaking on hard dirt or pavement, which I expected. Dyna QPS shifted good, with some surge, no problem there. The gears were lower than I expected or more of them on the low side. Loader was the best! :thumbsup: I didn't use the 3pt, which had light weight thin looking lift arms with no adjustment on the left side. The dealer couldn't explain the pto knobs and switches very good. This looks and drives like a great tractor, however it will have to lift my 2 row AC corn planter which is no/till with weights. What is the most "anyone" has lifted on here with the 3 pt (chime in please). The tractor:tractor: impressed me with the exception of the 3 pt:confused: that I didn't get to test. Question for everyone, at what engine rpm's does the pto run at 540 it was not marked on the dash tach.

/ Massey Ferguson 1643 Clutch Problem #33  
You should be able to lift that planter without knowing it's there, I've seen 3pt disc mowers mounted on these 3pt's. That puts a whole diiferent strain on the linkage with side force. As up & down lift would be no problem.

/ Massey Ferguson 1643 Clutch Problem #34  
According to my 1643, engine RPM would be about 2430 for 540 PTO. There should be a 540 marked on the tach. You should be able to lift quite a bit with that tractor, KK tillers are fairly heavy(700#) and my 1533 lifted that thing with no problem.