Massey Ferguson 1740m Hydraulic filter

/ Massey Ferguson 1740m Hydraulic filter #1  

alain leclerc

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1740M
I need some help. On my tractor the owners manuel says since i'm hydrostaric I have a second hydraulic filter but I looked every were. even with the picture in the book I can't find it. Can anybody help me?

Thanks for you help

/ Massey Ferguson 1740m Hydraulic filter #2  
Hi,

Just did my second hydraulic fluid change on my 1740M 3 days ago at 580 hours.

I know exactly what part of the manual you are talking about, its pretty confusing. I asked the dealer when I did my first fluid change and they told me I have only 2 filters to change. The vertical " Spin-on" and the suction screen.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740m Hydraulic filter #3  
The suction screen on my Massey is located inside the transmission housing, about six inches behind the oil filter. It unscrew out of the transmission housing.
I have to remove the loader subframe piece that runs from the left loader tower to the rear axle to get it all the way out of the transmission housing. Not real complicated but the bolts are large enough I had to break out the 3/4 socket set to do it, and the front bolts are located behind the fuel tank and inaccessible with a socket. Of course I didn't have an open end or box wrench the correct size! Do now.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740m Hydraulic filter #4  
Does anyone know if this information also applies to the MF 1840M?