Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydrostatic Transmission Problem.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydrostatic Transmission Problem. #1  

567Chief

Tractor
Ford 2000 (1965) Ford 801 Power Master (1958) Farmall Super-A (1949) 1740M
So I finally took the 1740M to the shop for the hydrostatic transmission problem. I tried everything under the sun first, new fuel and hydraulic filters, no change. To put it into perspective, backing down hill in short grass in low range rpms drop like it’s under a lot of load. Also, when I noticed the problem and parked the tractor, I checked the temperature of the hydrostatic transmission housing and it was at 204 degrees Fahrenheit. The shop took a look at it and said the suction screen was a little bit dirty (I had checked it previously and it was very clean) they also flushed everything and seem to think they fixed it. I’ve asked them to hook up a piece of equipment and take it out in their field to see just what I’m talking about. Another thing the dealer said is that I must run my finishing mower in low range at all times. Has anyone been told to do that in short grass??

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydrostatic Transmission Problem. #2  
So I finally took the 1740M to the shop for the hydrostatic transmission problem. I tried everything under the sun first, new fuel and hydraulic filters, no change. To put it into perspective, backing down hill in short grass in low range rpms drop like it’s under a lot of load. Also, when I noticed the problem and parked the tractor, I checked the temperature of the hydrostatic transmission housing and it was at 204 degrees Fahrenheit. The shop took a look at it and said the suction screen was a little bit dirty (I had checked it previously and it was very clean) they also flushed everything and seem to think they fixed it. I’ve asked them to hook up a piece of equipment and take it out in their field to see just what I’m talking about. Another thing the dealer said is that I must run my finishing mower in low range at all times. Has anyone been told to do that in short grass??
I have a larger Kubota and I run in any gear I want to. I don’t know what problem it has but it’s not that. In short I don’t believe the dealer at this point