Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1742
The title and the attached picture pretty much say it all. :D

2014-01-20_13-25-39_221.jpg

/ Massey Ferguson 1742 Delivered Today #2  
What.... it didn't come with snow? Lol! Looks very nice - congrats! :thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson 1742 Delivered Today
Thanks Duroc. Snow melted over the last week or so. I'm sure we'll see more before winter is over. February is usually a bigger snow month for us down here in the southern part of the state.

/ Massey Ferguson 1742 Delivered Today #4  
Do you have an MF dealer near you ? Nice tractor. I'm sure it will serve you well

/ Massey Ferguson 1742 Delivered Today #5  
Congratulations!

Do you have an MF dealer near you ? Nice tractor. I'm sure it will serve you well

There are several MF dealerships relatively close. The closest is about twenty miles away. The dealership I actually bought from (after looking at them all) is about 50 miles away. I dealt directly with the owner, who was a good guy to work with. No BS-a straight shooter.

Congrats! We love our 1648

I've barely had the chance to do anything more than a "victory lap" around the barn so far, but I really like the ergonomics on the tractor and the responsiveness of the hydraulics. I've never ran a hydro tractor before , but it's pretty darn simple to operate. My wife has already been on the tractor and she loved it too, which was important to me because I wanted her to be able to operate the tractor and do it without much fuss. Both us have prior experience with tractors, but in both cases we're talking what are now antiques. These new compacts are a whole new world in many respects.

What.... it didn't come with snow? Lol! Looks very nice - congrats!

You jinxed me Duroc, it's snowing pretty hard outside now with the wind howling out of the Northwest. So much for the balmy 52 degrees we had yesterday.

/ Massey Ferguson 1742 Delivered Today #10  
You jinxed me Duroc, it's snowing pretty hard outside now with the wind howling out of the Northwest. So much for the balmy 52 degrees we had yesterday.

Sorry about that. Lol! BUT, I'm sure you're gonna love "playing" in it with your new toy. :)

The snow storm missed us here, and all we have coming is below zero temps. Suppose to be -16 tonight. :icecube: :icecube: