Massey Ferguson 1758 Value

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #1  

gurkina

Tractor
none
Hope everyone is doing well, been a long time since I've been up here. I have a Massey Ferguson 1758 compact tractor with loader that I bought new in 2016. It has 385 hours on it, everything works perfect on the tractor, no damage to anything, it's in really great shape. I'm considering selling the tractor and getting a John Deere, maybe 4052 or 4066. I have no complaints with the Massey Ferguson, never had any problems with it. I just want a John Deere since the dealer is a couple miles from me, it would work good for me since I know some folks who work there. Any idea what the Massey would be worth? Anyone think I'm crazy for looking at the John Deere's lol? Thanks for any help.

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #2  
ROPS or cab tractor? rear or front hydraulic remotes? any extras go with it?

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value
It has a ROPS, folds down if needed. It doesn't have any hydraulic remotes. Only thing extra is the loader. I have some attachments that I plan to keep. I think my dealer said it was around $1500 to add a hydraulic remote but I honestly cannot remember. Transmission is hydrostatic, very smooth, never had any issues.

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #4  
I am getting ready to trade my John Deere in for a Massey Ferguson, so I can’t be of any help. Love the current Massey’s. I think the 1800 and 2800 M series are the cats meow of compact tractors at the moment.

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #5  
I don't know how far your Massey Dealer is from you but unless they are a couple of hours away, and you make a living with that tractor, I would highly recommend against selling it. That MF is an outstanding model.

However, I think that MF is worth between $32 - $36k, since it doesn't have a cab.

Don't know your area well but we bought a used 2019 with similar hours, smaller motor (1750M) in 2021 for $35k. It has a cab. I think that tractor today would be around $38-$40k.

This is great feedback, thank you. I haven't made my mind up on what to do, doesn't feel exactly right getting rid of a 7 year old tractor that's never had any trouble. Maybe I should look at the 2800 series Massey if I'm thinking of something new. Just tossing some things around. My Massey dealer isn't far, only about 30 minutes. John Deere dealer is 5 minutes. That's probably not enough difference to make any difference.

I am getting ready to trade my John Deere in for a Massey Ferguson, so I can’t be of any help. Love the current Massey’s. I think the 1800 and 2800 M series are the cats meow of compact tractors at the moment.
Which John Deere should you have? Just curious of why you are switching, would be good to know, thanks.

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #8  
Post some pictures of it. Each picture is worth a thousand words.

/ Massey Ferguson 1758 Value #10  
Which John Deere should you have? Just curious of why you are switching, would be good to know, thanks.
I have a 2007 John Deere 2320. Have also had a John Deere back hoe, and dad and uncle had a bunch of Deere’s.

I just want something a little more capable, something on the lines of what you have. When we sold the farm, I bought small acreage and figured I would get by with a small tractor. Just want to get a full size compact now.