Massey Ferguson 1825e Price Check and Questions

/ Massey Ferguson 1825e Price Check and Questions #1  

ruralcapital

Tractor
Ford 8n
Hello, been lurking since March and doing research on making my first compact tractor purchase.

Started by looking at John Deere and then research LS, Kubota, Farmall, Yanmar, and Massey Ferguson. Recently, I kind of decided Massey was the best fit.

I went to the dealership on Saturday to test drive a 1735M but they did not have one on the lot. They did have a new 1825e. The e series is smaller than the M series but this tractor still weighed almost 3000 pounds. It seemed like it would run a 5' implements quite well and I could pull it on a trailer readily behind my mid-sized truck.

Earlier in my searching, I had been mostly looking at 30 - 40 hp tractors as I had thought that is what I needed but now I am questioning that. The 25 hp has no DPF and no DOC. Additionally, there is no computer. I like that!

The tractor will be used in my 2.5 acre yard to move dirt, turn the large compost pile, till the garden, move firewood with forks, and move snow.

Additionally, I plan to use it at our hunting property to plant several small food plots. I will also be using it to drag and move logs for firewood. I currently do this with an 8n so this should be a big upgrade.

So, question. Will 25 hp do the work I am asking of the tractor? Should i stick to my original thought and wait until they have a 1735M (now 1835M in stock) and compare?

Also, how does the price look?

Tractor $18,600
Third Function installed $900
Back blade $750
60" Tiller $2000
Pallet forks $600

The implements are Bush Hog. I dont know too much about those and was leaning toward just getting the pallet forks and third function and buying everything else separately as I have time to do more research.

Thanks!

/ Massey Ferguson 1825e Price Check and Questions #2  
Hello sir,

I concur with what others have expressed when a similar question is being asked -"Get the most tractor you can afford."
You can accomplish allot by working a machine effectively and smartly, that doesn't mean that you will not be happier or better of with a larger tractor and / or more power.

It seems you are clear on what your needs are in terms of implements/attachments.
Just make sure the "You of Tomorrow" will be happy with your today's purchase.

/ Massey Ferguson 1825e Price Check and Questions
Hello sir,

I concur with what others have expressed when a similar question is being asked -"Get the most tractor you can afford."
You can accomplish allot by working a machine effectively and smartly, that doesn't mean that you will not be happier or better of with a larger tractor and / or more power.

It seems you are clear on what your needs are in terms of implements/attachments.
Just make sure the "You of Tomorrow" will be happy with your today's purchase.
That's the big question. What will Future Me want or need in a tractor?

That is a difficult question to answer.

/ Massey Ferguson 1825e Price Check and Questions #4  
Make sure the FEL with grapple will move the logs. Bigger is better, most of the time. Weight is good for most things as far as tractors go. But small is easier to haul and go between trees. That being said, few people on here will tell you they purchase too large of a tractor.