Comparison Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #11  
I own a 2010 MF2615 8x8 fwd. i love i.. its done a great job for me so far.. i'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I have been hauling wood, clearing snow.. general use.. and its done a fine job.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #12  
I had, and traded off a new 2625. Overall I liked the tractor but it leaked all over. The water pump, transmission side cover plates, the pinion seal from the rear end drive shaft to the front end. The dealer took care of everything but I felt the quality wasn't there. Another issue I had was the fuel tank. I live in WV where the grades are steep. When brush hogging backwards up a hill you had better have a full tank of fuel. It seems MF designed their fuel tanks with little or no sump in them and the pickup in the rear of the tank. Needless to say I ran out of fuel often. I hear that there's an update for the fuel tank now to keep that from happening. But not a good feeling running out of fuel on steep ground with 3/4's of a tank!!!
As for the HD's....my dealer say's the brakes aren't designed for very steep ground either. They won't hold well downhill backwards. Again, I live in WV.
So issues like that will come out very quick. When I traded the 2625 I concidered the HD but the brake issue shyed me away and I went blue. (NH)
I hated to do that but at this point I feel Massey has went from quality to quantity!:(

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625
Good to know - MF makes a good tractor but I have noticed they tend to leak. Having owned at least one of all 3, went with the Deere 4005 this round. I did a lot of comparing between the MF2615 and the Deere 5045E - found a steal on the 4005 though.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #14  
True they had a few problems when they first come out. Mainly I think because they were in a rush to get them over here and out on the market. This is not a new tractor just new to the MF name being put on it. This tractor has been around for years and is a verry good tractor. I even had one before MF put their name on it. They have fixed the problems and are still fixing the problems with the ones that are out in the field. I have sold alot of these tractors some with over 2k hrs on them now and no ploblems and ive had a few with minor leaks that we fixed and are now doing fine. I personal like the tractor (a few things i would change thow) over all and it appears to be able to do the job it was intended for. :thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #15  
I have to agree the 2625 tractor is a good tractor. I didn't trade due to the leaks...I just wanted a cab and was afraid of the new HD's due to them being so new. I talked to my local MF dealer about a month ago and he told me that it seemed Massey was getting them lined out and the leaks weren't much of an issue now. He didn't say anything about the fuel tank problems but I'm 99% sure that's cured as well.
When I spoke of the brake problems the HD's had in an eariler thread. My local dealer is who told me of this problem when I was shopping for a cab tractor. From what he said Massey engineers were very involved in that and came up with a field update.
I know there must have been something to that because a fellow I work with has an uncle that purchased an HD from that dealership. When all this was going on the dealership called the uncle to schedule a time they could come update the brakes. At that time the tractor was maybe a month old.
I'd like to think Massey has some of their issues in order. At lease under control. And would I buy another one...Yes I would. :thumbsup:

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #16  
I stopped by my MF dealer today to talk about a round baler. After a bit of time on the baler questions he asked about where I had traded off my MF 2625. I told him and asked why? He informed me that there was another issue with the 2600 series.....a crankshaft counter weight problem. It seem's the counter weights are coming loose and trashing the engine. I really don't know how that could be, but definitely a warranty issue, so beware!

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #17  
Let me re-word what the dealer told me Friday...he said an "engine counterweight problem". (coming loose) I had it in my mind that it would have been the crank due to it being weight ballanced. I don't recall ever seeing a smaller crank having bolted weights but who knows. Maybe the best thing to do if you haven't heard of this problem and own a MF2625 is call your dealer to be exactly sure what the problem is.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #18  
I have been considering buying a 2600 series tractor. I like the 2605, but have been considering the 2625. I have to agree, it doesn't make sense that this model of tractor is having any real issues. This design has been out for over 60 years, and hasn't changed much. I also don't understand how something being made in India, would be any less quality, than something made in the U.S.. Seems to me, it is just Indians, putting them together instead of Americans. Americans aren't necessarily any smarter than Indians. If they assemble them in a plant, the robots, and machines probably do most of the work on the assembly line. I don't know how the assembly line is layed out. The engine leak is probably design flaw, rather than plant assembly flaw. It maybe a hassel to get fixed, but it probably doesn't mean the whole tractor is no good. We can't have it made all the time, I mean we aren't standing behind horses anymore, well most of us anyways. I know it is irritating to have to get fixed, because of the wait for parts, or repairs. Yes this tractor has only been out since 2008, most new model vehicles of any kind tend to have recall problems, and such. Toyota, Ford, Polaris, Honda, etc.. Lemons exist unfortunately, but Massey Ferguson has a pretty good warranty program, compared to the competitors. John Deere advertises 5,000 hr warranty's, but that is if you operate a fleet of tractors. MF has a 2,000hr factory warranty, John Deere has a 1000hr factory warranty, I believe that is the case..

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #19  
Glad u like the 2600s. It is a good tractor and yes there is a recall on the 2625. MF stepped up to the plate and is fixing the problem. I have a nice 2605 priced right if your interested. Just PM me.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 vs 2625 #20  
My plans to purchase a tractor will have to wait till about August, or September at least. I live in Southern West Virginia. The tractors I have looked at from MF, are the 2605,2615,2625,2635,2650HD, all manual, 2WD. The price range for the 2605 is about $11,000-$12,000, the 2615 $14,000-$16,000, the 2625 $19,000-$22,000 ( I am clear not on this, but this is all I would pay for this model) 2650HD $19,000-$27,000. I am not sure I would need to purchase a more expensive tractor, or larger one if the 2605 will handle the heavy red oaks I plan on pulling with it. The primary use will be tillage work, and such. Don't need a loader,(I know they can be handy though) or 4WD. 4WD does not seem to make a difference for small time farmers, they seem to get stuck wherever a 2WD does. I don't tend to like the look of 4wd tractors that much either, some models are ok, but it really doesn't make a difference in pulling power, and traction in most cases, only like on larger tractors with equal size tires, and maybe loader work. 4WD tractors, and heavier tractors seem to get stuck up quicker than tractors in the 4,000lb range that maybe 2WD. I don't think the 4WD traction science works the same as with a 4WD truck. This is due to the weight over the rear, and the larger rear tires, compared to the light front end, and the smaller tires. I believe that maybe why they call it front wheel assist, instead of 4WD, or AWD.. I have noticed the heavier front end tractors tend to dig deeper into the soil, like with 4WD, contributing to the tractor getting stuck, in damp, and wet soil conditions. I believe tractors were designed to get all the traction they need with the 2 main rears, as the first tractors where just 2 wheels, weren't they ? The front two wheels, were later added, to be light weight, and only to steer, not to really bear a load.