Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #21  
"… and moving the PTO guard when switching from the 3pt to backhoe…"

Probably illegal or something, but I just removed the rear PTO guard and left it off; got tired of having to loosen/remove bolts, swing it up, then replace later. Hasn't been any problem. I do, however, replace the plastic PTO shaft cover when it's not in use. irvingj

Hey irvingj,
I purchased some clear plastic tubing to fit the shafts at ACE and taped a plastic pipe end cap to it, added a little grease to the inside and slipped it on the shafts. Also made some up for the quick hitch snow blower and driveline, etc..
This keeps dust and mud of the shafts and also off of my clothes, :cool2: . KC :D :D :D

B.T.W. It is snowing and still snows a couple time a week, does not stay as the ground is thawing. Ice melted off the driveway a week ago, still have 1 to 4 foot of snow patches in the shaded areas. Hope spring gets her soon, :smiley_aafz:

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #22  
I did the same thing for my other PTO shafts-- used 1" heater hose with a plastic spray can top glued to the end. The slight curvature of the heater hose holds it on nicely.

PTO shaft covers.JPG

/ Massey Ferguson GC2410 / GC1710 TLB Owners #23  
Love my 2410tlb, back hoe is slower than our mini hoe but way quicker than the smaller bx25 my neighbor has, he cringes each time he comes over to borrow it ;)
I will buy another should the time. I would recomend one even without the back hoe. 5 of my neighbors have gotten one in the last 3 years, 2 other got JD's they are very nice too. The JD lifts around 100lbs more than the 2410 with the bucket.
Hope this helps