Massey Ferguson or not?

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #1  

oneweldingpapa

Tractor
john deere 3230
Hello all. First time posting on here I believe. My wife and I left our John Deere in Oregon when we left. It saw pretty much constant use on our small acreage. It was a 3203 with a front-end loader. We have since bought acreage (7.65 acres) in eastern Oklahoma and we are needing to purchase another tractor. Currently looking at an MF 1835E which to me looks like a decent tractor for the money. Several things that appeal to me are that it takes more universal attachments compared to our Deere and it's considerably less money for its size HP-wise. Not interested in breaking the bank. This will be something for us to maintain our property only. Any thoughts anyone would like to share would be appreciated. If you own one and like it, pros and cons, etc. Thanks in advance for any help you might have for me.

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #2  
That tractor is most likely built by Japanese company Iseki, which is a very respected tractor manufacturer. Massey compact tractors have a good reputation because of this. I owned a 1540 and a 1643 and both were very good tractors. The 1540 had to be sold because the economy crapped the bed and I just traded the 1643 in for a MF 4707. The 1540 was an incredible little tractor and I miss it all these years later.

/ Massey Ferguson or not?
That tractor is most likely built by Japanese company Iseki, which is a very respected tractor manufacturer. Massey compact tractors have a good reputation because of this. I owned a 1540 and a 1643 and both were very good tractors. The 1540 had to be sold because the economy crapped the bed and I just traded the 1643 in for a MF 4707. The 1540 was an incredible little tractor and I miss it all these years later.
Thanks for that information. I've done a little research but it's good to hear from owners. The JD motor was of chinese origin which I did not like at all. So I'm being told tractor with loader and brush hog mower and with hydraulics ran to the rear around $28,000.00. Did not seem too bad to me but I'm still shopping.

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #5  
The new Massey's are really nice machines, INCREDIBLE fit and finish. And engine is made in Japan by Iseki.

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #7  
I've had a 1540 HST since 2004; no issues. Good little work horse.....

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #8  
Owned mine 5 years now. Love it. My paint is flaking off the rear fenders

1643931282359.jpeg

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #9  
I woud also give Kioti a look if there is a dealer nearby. Also a lot of bang for the buck.

/ Massey Ferguson or not? #10  
Thanks for that information. I've done a little research but it's good to hear from owners. The JD motor was of chinese origin which I did not like at all. So I'm being told tractor with loader and brush hog mower and with hydraulics ran to the rear around $28,000.00. Did not seem too bad to me but I'm still shopping.

John Deeres using Chinese Motors? First I've heard of that. Was it converted?
Most small JDs use Yanmar engines. Those are top notch.
rScotty