Massey Ferguson Sickle Mower Parts

/ Massey Ferguson Sickle Mower Parts #21  
3 months later, figured I would check, just in case. Anyone have any good info or leads on where to get these guards?

/ Massey Ferguson Sickle Mower Parts #22  
I have an old Ferguson Sickle mower and lost the bearing out of it. I can't seem to find any to fit. Does anyone know the size of the large bearing in the housing and how do I get them out of the shaft? Also have the outer bearing off the belt pully, how do I get this bearing out, it was a ball bearing but nothing there but the case that held the balls. Its a model 31 ferguson, we have two of them, one is marked and other is not. Can anyone help us take out these bearing so we can get them matched up? We figure the large one size is 2 3/4" ID x 3" OD x 1" wide
The others are 1 1/4" ID x 2 1/2" OD x 5/8" wide
Lower bearing on the shafts is about the size of a quarter roller bearing x 1' wide.

Maybe you got this thing fixed, or ?

I have been refurbishing a 31 mower. The bearings are very hard to find and very expensive if you do find them. The crankshaft is un-available. Anyway I'm almost ready to start using my 31. A month ago I would have tried to talk you out of your crankshaft.:cool:

For Bearings you can match the OD and ID and buy a replacement (pre-lubed, pre-sealed) cartridge bearing. (the forward bearing is similar to a 6205, $9). The problem you will have with these bearings is in greasing them. I'm not going to mow acres of hay, only cut grass on road banks and stuff, a couple times a year; so the pre-sealed bearings may be enough for me. If they go bad (after a few years of sparse usage) they are not difficult to replace. I plan to pierce the casings so I gan get the lube-passageways to align so I can grease them with the zerks. But I suppose you can get by without that.

You will need a snap ring spreader to get those bearings off (without dulling all your sccrewdrivers and cussing a blue streak).

Note there is a 3/8" threaded hole at wobble-shaft-center at the forward end. Screw a long, all-threaded bolt in, to push the crankshaft out towards the back. I'd spray everything down with liquid wrench a few days before working on it. My MF 31 disassembled OK (after Mr. L. Wrench) and went back together nicely too.

Attachments

• KDlock.jpg
    KDlock.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 119