Massey Ferguson vs Kioti?

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #11  
Kioti has been in the U.S. market since like 1986 and growing bigger each year. They are likely here to stay. Dealers for all makes come and go. If the one closes that you deal with, there will just about always be another with in a reasonable distance.

You're right about that. Six months after a bought a new Kubota B7510HST in Jun05, the dealer closed his doors after more than 30 years in the business. Fortunately a JD dealer added the Kubota line to his business.

Noticed the nearest Kioti dealer (~40 miles) has quit this month. He had a small operation, limited inventory and not much in the way of service facilities. There are small fry all over the place who sell 10-20 tractors per year and provide only limited after sale parts and repair service.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #12  
Both very good machines. Kioti has a 12/12 SS, with 3 gears below 1mph. May come in handy. If you purchase a Kioti K45S from Rick Wallace, you'll never have to worry about dealer support. Rick will do all he can to besure you are happy with your Kioti. Have you looked at the Kubotas, Deeres, New Hollands. The Deere and New Hollands have excellent ergonomics.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #13  
I was looking at kioti and it was a smaller dealer. One day they closed up and that was the end of kioti for me. Not many kioti dealers here in MI
HUH?I have at least 5 dealers with in a 100 miles radius of me.The reason I sold my 1998 massey 1240 and bought my Kioti DK40se all 3 massey dealers closed up shop in my area.coobie

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #14  
Agreed. One saying we have at work, "don't say no because of the "ya butts". There will always be "ya butts."

I don't think Kioti will be gone any time soon.

Good luck!

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #15  
1533/1540: Not as powerful, big, heavy. Can't lift as much (1900 vs 2800). Better / more positive feedback on the controls. Platform feels roomier, easier to get on / off. FEL joystick not on platform floor, so more floor space. (Again, my big feet...) No rear hydraulics, no 3PH remote. Seat sits lower, slightly less comfortable for my 6'6 frame.
quote]

A few more things to think about. :confused:

The Massey's have rear remotes available, check to see how muck more that they are. When I looked at them, a pair of them were $1400 I think.
That would be another plus for the Kioti having them std.:)
The Massey's also have draft control available for another extra charge, again another plus for the Kioti that has it std.:)

I believe that most of the people here at TBN that have a 1533 wish that they had up graded to the 1540. Not that they are unhappy with their 1533s, just that for the little bit more $$$$ they wish that they had bought the 1540. The Massey has all the goodies available, just that those goodies are extras and you pay for those extras.

I did not end up getting a Massey due to the price and that it was just a little bit bigger than I really wanted. I still think that you should be comparing the Massey 1547 to the Kioti. If you think that the bigger tractor is going to fit your needs and not be to cumbersome, then your should strongly be considering the Kioti. What about any of the other Kioti tractor sizes? Do any of them fit you better. Don't let your dealer push just one particular tractor on you just because that is what he has on his lot.

Good luck with your search, and do not rush into any decision, at least sleep on any decision that you may make, before you sign any paper work. ;)

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #16  
I would put ergonomics quite high on my list of needs for a tractor purchase. If you notice things now that don't quite seem 'right' chances are that they will bug you as time goes on.

I think that in YOUR dealer situation, and given the ergonomic advantages that you have noticed, I would sway towards the MF 1540. 1900 lb plenty of lift given your situation. Get a QA loader bracket and a bucket.

I don't think you decisively have a NEED for more tractor than a MF 1540 given the amount of land you have and your needs. Add rear remotes to that and a sunshade and you are set.

If the MF has a clutchless powershift / GST type of transmission, that would be my choice over a straight shuttle. Best of both worlds IMHO.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #17  
I think that they could get a Massey with some of the extra goodies that would end up being a little nicer than the Kioti. Just don't know if they would be able to swing the price tag that goes along with it.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #18  
My perception as a two time Kioti owner is that both companies make excellent machines. Kioti is up and coming while MF is trying to maintain it's market share. However, MF has a well established dealer network while Kioti is hit or miss. I am wary of small Kioti dealers who may not be committed to the brand and whose primary business may be general outdoor power equipment etc. My first Kioti dealer ran that type of operation and folded the tractor line after a year or two. Having said that, there are also excellent Kioti dealers who are worth seeking out. My current dealer is 300miles away and I have no problems with that as I have to go through major hoops to get the machine on/off the island regardless so I do everything I can myself. It is amazing what you can do with a patient dealer/mechanic to diagnose issues if you have a cell phone and a digital camera).

You might also look at the Kioti DK40se which is just a tad smaller than the DK45s but is a whole new series of tractor and has generally better ergonomics and features. I think you can get it without HST but dealers may not stock as many of the standards. The Kioti that is closer to the MF1433 is the DK35se which is 38hp and part of the same model group as the DK40se and a little lower than both the DK40se and DK45s. The loader lift capacity on the DK35se is more like that of the MF while the DK40se is essentially the same as the DK45s except for no self leveling.

There are a few combo MF/Kioti dealers so you might want to contact one just to get their perspective. Wallace Tractor in PA is one.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti?
I am wary of small Kioti dealers who may not be committed to the brand and whose primary business may be general outdoor power equipment etc.
That's kind of what this Kioti dealer looked like.

You might also look at the Kioti DK40se which is just a tad smaller than the DK45s but is a whole new series of tractor and has generally better ergonomics and features. ... The Kioti that is closer to the MF1433 is the DK35se which is 38hp and part of the same model group as the DK40se and a little lower than both the DK40se and DK45s. The loader lift capacity on the DK35se is more like that of the MF while the DK40se is essentially the same as the DK45s except for no self leveling.
They only have the 0% / 72 months on the DK45S, not on the others. Otherwise i'd certainly look at those as well. As it stands though, the 0%/72mo is what makes the DK45S a candidate. Without it, it would not be in our budget limits.

/ Massey Ferguson vs Kioti? #20  
They only have the 0% / 72 months on the DK45S, not on the others. Otherwise i'd certainly look at those as well. As it stands though, the 0%/72mo is what makes the DK45S a candidate. Without it, it would not be in our budget limits.

Understood. It's just a lot more tractor than the MFs you are looking at.

Regarding the dealer, I would check on where the next closest Kioti dealer is just so you know what the backup would be if the primary goes under. I use a dealer 300 miles away and find I can do just about anything with phone support. Of course any major repair would require a big hassle/expense but that is a risk I was willing to take.