Massey square bailer

/ Massey square bailer #1  

Oranj

Tractor
Massey 2605
Hello all, I have come across a few old Massey square bailers that appeared to be in good shape for a reasonable price but I Am not familiar with their quirks, etc. I think one of the models was a number 12. I have thought about getting a bailer but have not done any type of haying for a long time and the folks I used to work for always had New Holland square bailers. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Massey square bailer #2  
I bought a number 9 Massey Ferguson baler this spring and so far it has been a great machine. The little work I have done was fairly easy and any parts I needed have been no problem so far. Good luck in your search.

/ Massey square bailer #3  
Hello all, I have come across a few old Massey square bailers that appeared to be in good shape for a reasonable price but I Am not familiar with their quirks, etc. I think one of the models was a number 12. I have thought about getting a bailer but have not done any type of haying for a long time and the folks I used to work for always had New Holland square bailers. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We've run MF #9's since the late 60's. The 12 is a "bigger" baler than the 9, wider pickup/longer hitch MF balers work well, but as with any equipment, all depends on how well it was looked after. Have not run into parts issues, but will admit anything broken has been coming off parts machines, not dealership.