Massey

/ Massey #1  

Penwar

Tractor
None Yet
Does anyone know of a Web Site that has prices for new and/or used MF tractors?
I'm looking for something in the 20-30 HP range.

/ Massey #2  
FWIW--I was looking at compact tractors a few weeks ago and a dealer in eastern Louisiana had a MF that he said was 24 HP. It was a two cylinder that I assume to be a Hinomoto.

I didn't look close enough to determine condition, but by appearance it had set outside because it was faded. I would think it was alright mechanically since the dealer gives a warranty. He wanted $4500. I've heard a couple of comments that parts for the Hinos are really expensive from Massey.

happy hunting!!
Gene

/ Massey #4  
I owned a Massey 245 for about 6 years. I would look pretty closely at Kubota's compact tractors. Lots of differences.

/ Massey #5  
Penwar,
The Massey machines your looking for are the MF1200 series machines. They are made by ISEKI, the same company that made the old Bolens compacts.

I have test driven these machines latley as well as blue,green, and orange. My opinion is that they run a little rough. Of course when you test drive a machine it's almost always dead cold, no warmup time.

I found the prices to be on the high side. Comparable to green machines. Green tractors in my area must have a layer of gold under the paint because they have the highest price per hp/feature of any machine.

The JD 4100 has an aluminum rearend which in my mind takes it right out of the running for anything other than plain mowing.

Massey is made by ISEKI
JD/green is made by Yanmar
Yanmar in made by Yanmar
NH/ Blue looks like two mfgrs TC18 and TC21 look too different than the TC25
Cub Cadet is made by Mitsubishi
Kubota/orange is made by Kubota
Kioti I think is a Korean knock of Kubota ( some parts are interchangable)

The ergonomics on the Massey weren't bad. much better than the Cub Cadet. I found the CC painful to operate. The Hydro pedal was above the floor deck and forced your right leg into an unnatural position. A very bad design for larger people.

My search has ended in a Kubota, but that's my personal choice, yours may be quite different.

Regards,
Chris

/ Massey #6  
Nice rundown on a wide selection of the market.

Curious what parts are interchangable. Kioti's that I looked at were at a Massey dealer and I did not detect any resemblence with Kubota. They sure don't have anything similar to my M6800 and if they did, I wouldn't buy it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Massey #7  
I'm not sure about used prices, but I own a Massey 1010, 16hp 4wd, gear trans, and it has been an amazing workhorse for me. This thing has all the power I need and then some, I don't abuse equippment but don't cut it any slack either.I have used this tractor to run a 4ft brush hog pull a 6ft rock rake and move tons of gravel with a blade and dirt scoop. I have even pulled out several tree stumps about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. The tractor never even blinked. It weighs about 1500 pounds and I have some weight on the front and It runs out of weight long before it runs out of power it will dig with all 4 ag tires in high range and barely blow black smoke. I'm pretty sure the 10 series Masseys are built by hinomoto.parts seem reasonable so far and easy to get at a massey dealer, I haven't needed many yet. I can tell you this much this little thing is tough, I don't know about the newer 12 series but this little 1010 is a mule. Have fun with whatever you get........