Mattress

/ Mattress #11  
My favorite mattress is an old-school conventional 2-sided mattress made in house at "The Mattress Factory" in Atlanta. It's a very firm "orthopedic" model that we top with a 4" memory foam pad from Costco.

Yep! That's what I was talking about. Best of both worlds!

/ Mattress #12  
We bought our mattress from Costco a few years ago, I believe it is the memory foam type. I had read that some people complained that they got too warm at night, but that has never been the case with ours. It is comfortable as heck. If we ever needed to get another mattress, we would replace it with the same one.

The Costco customer satisfaction guarantee, and return policy help ease the mind in an expensive gamble like a new king size mattress.

/ Mattress #13  
Sleep Number mattress for us. First one lasted 15 years and is still in good shape and is now relegated to our spare bedroom(when snoring becomes unbearable). New mattress is more plush and more comfortable for old creaky bones. You don't need the $3k mattress as the $900 one is dang near as good(as per Consumer Reports).

I never seem to find these reports until right after the purchase of the more expensive one.

/ Mattress #14  
Check out Big Lots if you have one. I think they provide in store 10 year warranty and a 30 day return but check me on that.

/ Mattress #15  
My wife has a brother who claims to like his Tempurpedic mattress. I have a brother who hated his and sent it back. We had a Sleep Number bed that we both liked for a dozen or more years, but we failed to use a good cover on it and it got some perspiration stains. So my wife talked me into buying a new Sleep Number bed that isn't as thick, or deep, as the old one. I guess it ain't bad, but not nearly as good as the old one. I think the Sleep Number beds can't be beat, but the thicker the better.

/ Mattress #16  
I bought a Sealy Posturpedic Queen set in 1973 ($120.) and still have it in my spare bedroom in great condition.
In 2011 I bought a Serta Queen set from Big Lots for $299. and am happy with it except it is one of those that you can not flip over.
When shopping in 2011 I stopped at one of those name brand stores and almost fainted when I was told a queen set started at $6000.00 !!!

/ Mattress #17  
I bought a Sealy Posturpedic Queen set in 1973 ($120.) and still have it in my spare bedroom in great condition.
In 2011 I bought a Serta Queen set from Big Lots for $299. and am happy with it except it is one of those that you can not flip over.
When shopping in 2011 I stopped at one of those name brand stores and almost fainted when I was told a queen set started at $6000.00 !!!

I faint a lot these days when I see prices too. I never paid much attention during my working years, to busy working. Now that I am retired and have time to look, I am shocked.

/ Mattress #18  

Me too. Unfortunately they don't make those beds any more.

A lot of people that bought the old great-quality Sealy, Serta, etc. buy a new one expecting the same quality and are sorely disappointed.

/ Mattress #19  
We bought an Original Mattress In Hickory 7 or so years ago. Tried latex, memory foam, ect...Like this one better. One third the price and flippable. Excellent quality built in a factory close to the retail stores. Good business model. Will replace with another when needed.

/ Mattress #20  
I have to Sealy memory foam bed. The queen is a standard memory foam. Can be rotated and flipped which was nice to break in the mattress. That ones comfy.

I let the salesmen talk me into the updated technology on our king size bed. Memory foam with a gel padding. This one can be rotated , but not flipped. If I had realized that, I wouldn't have bought it. The big draw back is the mattress can't be broken in properly. I ended up throwing the mattress on the floor in the living room when we had the grandkids over for a week. Told them to jump all over it :D

After a couple days worth of cannonball's off the couch we put it back on the bed.

That helped break in the cells on the bed uniformly so you don't end up with spots that conform to your contour faster then others. Wife still swears my side of the bed is more comfortable :rolleyes: