Max 25hst won’t start

/ Max 25hst won’t start #1  

garye5007

Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
Battery fully charged, glow plug light looks and sounds normal. Turns over fine. White smoke from exhaust. Tractor has never let me down before. Not real familiar with diesels. Where do I start?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

/ Max 25hst won’t start #2  

/ Max 25hst won’t start #3  
I'm Up there in years, and did not remember the "won't start" after opening the thread. The Mahindra MAX tractors are known for electrical connection problems.

My first personal experience with my no start problems was a corroded cable at the connection to the battery.
My second no start problem was solved by replacing the battery (battery voltage was less than 10 volts) after 6 years of use. I have talked with quite few MAX owners in my area and the tractors that are not stored out in the weather have less electrical problems.

/ Max 25hst won’t start #4  
White smoke can be indicative of water. It can just be condensation in your engine. It could be in the fuel. You may need to drain your water separator. Unfortunately it could also be the head gasket, a cracked head, or a couple of other things. Check to make sure you've no water in your oil or oil in your radiator. See if you're getting air bubbles in your radiator. From the minimal symptom list you have many options.

/ Max 25hst won’t start
Thanks for the replies! Battery is new and I cleaned up all the connections. I’ll check for water.

/ Max 25hst won’t start #6  
Check out this thread. Should help. Fuel solenoid or glow plug issue seem to be most common problems

/ Max 25hst won’t start
Yup, you were right! Water in the fuel or clogged filter (or both). Changed the filter and it fired right up! Glad it wasn’t cracked head or head gasket.
Thanks for your advice!