Comparison Max series Tractors

/ Max series Tractors #51  
Any paint color will fade. Especially red. A web search on paint fade will explain why this is so. As for my tractor, a 2005, 2615, it is as red as the day I bought it. I wash it, wax it, and keep it in a shed. The KMW 106 loader, which I believe is powder coated, has faded to a very dark pink, as has the KMW 3710 back hoe.

KMW checks in occasionally to this forum. I'm not sure when they changed the paint (powder) formula, but I think it was 2008 or 2009. Maybe they will chime in.

I wish we had automotive grade base/clear, but then again, I would not want to pay the premium price for it I'm afraid.

/ Max series Tractors #52  
I've sold a few Mahindra's with automotive base clear on them.

/ Max series Tractors #54  
Just took delivery of a Max25 TLB with MMM 3 hours ago. Researched everything since March and concluded that it was the most tractor for the money. I don't care about cup holders and refinements, performance trumps all. Did I make the right choice? Time will tell.

Well if you read this thread you can see my solution to a cup holder. :drink:

/ Max series Tractors #55  
The local NH dealer here in Conover took the Mahindra line several years ago when NH dropped ISM for LS on their compacts...
I purchase parts for my NH there and 3 years ago purchased a really nice FEL for my tractor so I keep in touch with them on a constant basis...
According to their sales manager they went with Mahindra so that they could offer a better value in the compact line...
They now have taken in Kubota as the local Kubota dealer closed after 30 years of operation...
I asked their salesman after taking in Kubota how it was gonna work out and they are very pleased with Mahindra and the support the company gives them and to date as had very few issues with quality and support...
He told me that he could sell me more tractor for the same $$ in the Mahindra...
I am not in the market for a new unit at this time but I would not hesitate in the least to buy a Mahindra over a Kubota if the price difference or feature difference was evident...
I know that a lot of people talk about resale values...
I guess that Kubota would out resale Mahindra but I don't worry about stuff like that...
We have 8 tractors on the farm now and most of them are older units but still working...
I guess that keeping a bunch of them around is therapy...
IMHO Mahindra offers the consumer a good product at a good price...

/ Max series Tractors #56  
AchingBack nailed it. I just a a nice long reply typed up too, and a slip of the finger made me lose it all... The science of paint is pretty interesting. You can make a change to the color of red that the untrained eye would not notice and it will change whether the paint fades to pink or "fades" to a darker red. I don't recall the exact time of the paint change, partly because there have been several over the years. I can tell you however that we have had MANY companies come and and see our paint system and quality and say it's one of the best they have ever seen. I am not talking about Joe Blow off the street, but some big hitters in the international market. Granted, it's not with out flaws as it IS run by humans, but I will put our finish against anyone's. As far as the original post goes, you can check out our web page and watch our video. There is some really great footage in there of the R & D testing we do on all the loaders and backhoes we develop. There is also an open invitation to visit our plants at any time to see how we do things. You are simply here sharing your opinion and like all things in life not everyone is going to agree with you.