max weight on drawbar?

/ max weight on drawbar? #11  
I do not have a picture, and I realize you said you did not want to make it yourself, but this is what I did a couple of weeks ago to solve the problem.

I took a piece of 1" square tubing, about 12" long. I drilled a 1/2" hole through each end at 90 degrees to each other.

I then bolted one end to the draw bar and the other end to my lower lift link and left the bolts a bit sloppy.

It was crude but effective and let me move my trailers with the tractor.

However, that was when the need to have something to keep the arms down really hit home if you get my meaning /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If someone has something else available I would be interested in seeing it.

/ max weight on drawbar? #12  
Again.. I know the poster didn't want to 'make' anything.. but to find something pre-made for an hours wage will be hard.. on the other hand.. some scrap metal and you can make one for just the cost of electricity and a few welding rods.. etc..

Here's a crude one I made for my NAA. It is a big piece of bent rebar.. and 2 I beam sections, a big bolt and washer that goes thru the 11 hole drawbar ( the bolt is welded to the underside of hte ibeam section on the drawbar.. etc..), and a 'D' bolt that clamps the other section onto the lift arm.

I've seen another similar one that simply has the rebar bent down into the hole int he drawbar.. etc Crude but works

v801.jpg

Here's a couple shots of a 'new and improved' model. it is nothing more that 1/4 flat plate.. with a notch cut out to clear the drawbar, and then 2 flat tabs welded on each side. One set of tabs holds the drawbar.. the other tabs hold the lift arm. Ther eis a large flat washer welded in the center of the notch that the pin of the drawbar goes thru to cneter it. This one works.. and looks way beter than my first attempt a year ago.

v2154.jpg

next

v2153.jpg

For an easier one.. you could take some thin.. say.. 3/8 rebar.. heat and bend one end into a triangle just big enough to slip over the lower lift arm, and then slid eit up a few inches, and then bend the other end down to fit in a hole in the drawbar. drill that end for a hairpin.. or grind it smooth and chase some threads on it for a nut and washer, or use a simple bushing that locks on with a set scre. Those are about a 1.50$ at tsc. Then all you have into it is a piece of bent rebar.. a washer, and a bushing. The bushing would slide onthe rebar after it comes out of the bottom o fthe drawbar, and then you tighten the set screw down. A washer could be added if the bushing was small enough to pass thru the 11 hole drawbar. If that bushing wasn't available.. a steel cable 'u' clamp would work in a pinch. Sounds like the very cheapest and easiest to build.. no welding.. just some heating and bending that can be done with a little propane torch.. etc.

Hmm.. I may have to go make one now just for the heck of it.

Also.. those stays I made were tested on a 1800 pound tandem trailer hauling about 1600 pounds of cargo...

Soundguy

/ max weight on drawbar? #13  
My NH dealer sells something that works about like the pictures that SoundGuy posted, but looks just a little different. If I recall, it has a rectangular box that just slides over one 3 pt lower arm, then a "wing" that comes off of that with a rectangular hole that captures the draw bar. Tough to describe. I'll try to get a picture, but it probably won't be of one mounted on a tractor.

John Mc