Maximizing MMM Clearance

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #1  

drssg

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700, BX2350
I have a BX2350 with about 50 hours on it. I would like to get the MMM locked in the highest position and still be able to lower the 3PH. From reading the manual, it looks like the best I can do is lock it in the 4" mowing height.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is there a non-invasive modification to do this? I don't feel confident enough to drill holes in my new tractor. :eek:

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance
I finally figured out that there is an adjustment near the left rear of the tractor, which controls how high it can raise the MMM. It came from the factory with this adjustment at the lowest setting, which was a little too low to get the height dial into the TOP position.

I adjusted it to raise the height a little, and now I can lower the 3PH and still have plenty of clearance for the MMM. WooHoo!!

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #3  
I have the same problem. Can you tell me exactly where the adjustment is? I'm assuming by the left rear of the mow deck? Can I do it with the deck on? Any other advise appreciated.

Craig

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #4  
Me too! Had my BX2350 for a year and can't get the MMM to "top". Have to take it off every time I brush hog. Anybody know exactly where this adjustment is?

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #6  
The adjustment is fairly simple but it doesn't work 100% of the time. I have tried everything to make it work on my machine with dissappointing results. It locks in the "TOP" position when the MMM is not attached, but 98% of the time it will not lock in while the MMM is installed. It's easy enough to take off, so I usually drop it any time I'm going over rough terrian or using a 3PH implement.

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #7  
I have the same problem. 100% of the time it will go to TOP without the mmm, and 0% with it. My dealer put on my service report that the TOP lock was only for use with the mmm off.

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance
Craig_S said:
Can you tell me exactly where the adjustment is? I'm assuming by the left rear of the mow deck? Can I do it with the deck on?

OK, this is my first time attaching a picture. We'll see if it works. This is a picture I found on the web, and I circled the location of the adjuster.

It consists of a bolt and a lock nut. I had my wife sit on the tractor and raise and lower the 3PH and MMM a few times, so I could get an understanding of what is actually happening to raise and lower the implements.

With the MMM down, loosen the lock nut and then turn the bolt clockwise to increase the maximum height of the MMM. Then raise the MMM to its maximum height and see it the height adjuster will go into the TOP position. If not, lower the MMM, turn the bolt a little more, and try again.

I was concerned that I might raise the MMM too high and damage something, because there's not a lot of clearance between the MMM and the bottom of the tractor. I didn't have issues, but don't blame me if something breaks! :D

Good luck,
Rick

Attachments

• tractor.JPG
    tractor.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 326
   / Maximizing MMM Clearance #9  
I to had the same problem, that it would only lock into "top" with the deck off. I'll explain what my solution was but you will need to get out your rotary mower manual, turn to page 14 Fig.B. With deck on, sleeve that is welded to side of Rear link (1) would hit side of Stopper (2) before it would get anyware close to distance (L). Mostly on the right hand side. Look for paint worn off. I ended up shortening this sleeve with a grinder. Works like a charm now 6 inches of clearance in "top". Dave

/ Maximizing MMM Clearance #10  
The mower manual has instructions for the lift height adjustment. The pictures are really confusing. Wasn't the problem on mine though. If your's will lock without the deck, it's probably not the problem with yours either.

Like everyone else's, mine would go to "TOP" without the deck but not with it. I found the deck was raising too high and hitting the underside of the tractor. The knob controls the linkage not the deck. The deck hits the tractor before the linkage is high enough to lock into "TOP".

Adjust the front linkage to the dimensions shown in the mower manual. Mine was way off! Adjust the rear hangers so the deck doesn't go as high. Screw the eyes out, lengthening the hanger until you can raise the deck and turn the knob to the "TOP" position. Go just a bit at a time. You don't want the deck any lower than necessary because it bounces and smacks the underside of the tractor when you hit a bump. Doesn't hurt anything but sure makes noise.

After you can lock into "TOP", you'll have to re-adjust the deck to get it to cut level. Again, instructions for that are in the manual. Adjust the front linkage to get the fore-aft level. Then adjust the hangers to get the side to side.

It's really not too difficult after you've figure out the problem. Took maybe an hour in all. Could easily do it in 15 minutes now. You don't have to take the deck out from under the tractor.