Maximum Axle Load

/ Maximum Axle Load #1  

Skypilota72

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max-24
Anyone know what the front axel’s maximum load (weight) is on a Mahindra Max 24 with loader?

This info isn’t printed and neither the dealer nor Mahindra USA will provide it.

/ Maximum Axle Load #2  
As an example, my Branson has that info on the plate with the serial number. Haven't checked yours?

IMG_20190704_165130_2.jpg

/ Maximum Axle Load
Unfortunately not. Aside from all warning labels, the frame mounted metal plate only gives model and serial#. No plate info regarding front axle. I checked the axle itself also.

/ Maximum Axle Load #4  
Pretty sure I have it for a Max 22 which is the same machine minus 2 hp. The info is in the barn, I’ll check tomorrow morning and get back to you

/ Maximum Axle Load #5  
maybe a stupid question, but why do we care? if the loader can lift it, i assume the axle can handle it, how exactly do you plan on weighing the load to begin with?

/ Maximum Axle Load
Untrue. There is quite a number of threads speaking about this very subject in regards to front axles and loaders damaging them.

/ Maximum Axle Load #7  
Untrue. There is quite a number of threads speaking about this very subject in regards to front axles and loaders damaging them.
not sure I have seen those, that said, how exactly do you plan on checking your load weight? I push into the reliefs constantly with my loader

/ Maximum Axle Load
Pretty sure I have it for a Max 22 which is the same machine minus 2 hp. The info is in the barn, I’ll check tomorrow morning and get back to you
Thanks! … BTW, my tractor without implements or attachments weighs a little over 1700 pounds and my loader weighs 550 lbs, with a lifting capacity of 900 lbs.

/ Maximum Axle Load #9  
One unknown variable in front axle damage is were they in 4WD and pushing and lifting creating excess torque stress on front axle vs just load induced stress from lifting?

/ Maximum Axle Load #10  
Found it. Contrary to YouTube video on front axle loading, some other manufacturers do publish the axle loading numbers. And the Max 22 is significantly higher than the two in the video. Enough that I’d say the ballast requirement is more about safety concerns than axle loading. The picture is from my owners manual.
Believe the major difference between the Max 22/25 And the Max 24 is related to tier 3/4 emissions. My tractor is also 1700 lbs with. FEL capacity of 900 lbs

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51