maximum trailer height

/ maximum trailer height #1  

ugabulldog

Silver Member
Tractor
'04 MF 451 diesel shuttle shift w/ MF 1040 loader
I read the maximum height for tractor trailers is 13'-6". If I am not a commercial driver, hauling something on my trailer, is this the max height for me also? Thanks

/ maximum trailer height #3  
I read the maximum height for tractor trailers is 13'-6". If I am not a commercial driver, hauling something on my trailer, is this the max height for me also? Thanks

There is no maximum for anyone, the 13'-6" is the amount of clearance available ....for everyone.
Just put whatever you want on the trailer, and go for it.
If it doesn't work, just hope that you have an adequate amount of property damage liability coverage.

/ maximum trailer height #4  
Ha, ha - choke - ha, ha ------- there is one trestle underpass in Spokane that gets the truckers every time. The stenciled height says - 13' 2" - but that was back when everything was built. Since that original time the asphalt road going under the trestle has been repaved - XXX - times. Every single summer - a big 'ol 52 footer wedged under that trestle underpass.

There must be a VERY VALID reason that the true clearance height isn't stenciled on there.

/ maximum trailer height #5  
Ha, ha - choke - ha, ha ------- there is one trestle underpass in Spokane that gets the truckers every time.
There must be a VERY VALID reason that the true clearance height isn't stenciled on there.
Oh there is,and in time it will be. Presently,a law firm has been hired to study liability issues attached to changing the stenciled numbers. When that study is complete,an engineer will conduct a study then recccomend specs for font, height of #s and color of paint. Once that report is received,every thing is sent to Washington for a ruling on which languages it must be in. After the feds give the go ahead,bids can be let for the work.

/ maximum trailer height #6  
What are you trying to haul that that’s taller? Even my full size backhoe on my deck over trailer isn’t that tall. Well, the cab isn’t. I have to leave the boom down.

/ maximum trailer height
I think I will be at 12'6.

/ maximum trailer height #10  
Let me just say this -- on a normal heavy traveled truck driven road - yeah its the max height for most places. there are many bridges in rural areas that are lower then normal and many driveways have wires even lower. so you need to double check the path you want to go. better to be safe then sorry.