May Buy Maintenance Manual

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #1  

HillStreet

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650HST. Kubota Z125S
I drive a B2650 Kubota and am thinking about buying the maintenance manual. Are they any good, and will it be specific to my model? I probably wont do big jobs but it may help me understand the tractor a little better. What do you think?

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #2  
I understand your wanting to have that manual, it's a great, in-depth, back-up to understanding/figuring-out a potential problem or fault. And "it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

However, the Maintenance Manual can be very pricey... especially for something you'll (hopefully) never need. I mean, when was the last time you read your Owners Manual? After the initial one or two times, it's simply been a maintenance schedule/procedure reference.

The only time that I've required the Maintenance Manual for my 4105, I called my Dealership and they downloaded/sent me the pertinent schematic(s) at no charge at all.

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #3  
Wagtail
The only time that I've required the Maintenance Manual for my 4105, I called my Dealership and they downloaded/sent me the pertinent schematic(s) at no charge at all.
:thumbsup:

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #4  
Some of us old timers just like to have paper on hand to read. I also plan on buying a service manual on my newest tractor. But I hope I never need it. When I sold my old backhoe, 50 plus years old, I included the service manual for it. The young person loved it, as no longer supported by the dealer, almost nothing on line and he is a tech.

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #5  
Surprise, surprise - - I fired off an email to my Kubota Service Manager friend and he sent me a pdf - work shop maintenance manual for my Kubota M6040. Ha, ha - before I checked I started to print it out so I could put it in a ringed notebook. Another surprise - - it is 595 pages - - I will be leaving it on this computer as a pdf file.

/ May Buy Maintenance Manual #6  
Bought one with my BX. Would not be without it. Not much value added if you do not do your own wrench turning. It has saved me many times the <$100 it cost. The parts manual I find is also valuable if ordering parts over the phone or on-line, get the right # the first time.

Ron