Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup??????

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #41  
my 2000 bmw 540i(6) gets 24. I can push it to 28 on the highway, and thats with a 4.4L V8 which is a BLAST to drive.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #42  
my 2000 bmw 540i(6) gets 24. I can push it to 28 on the highway, and thats with a 4.4L V8 which is a BLAST to drive.

Thats the same as my 335I. Twin Turbo inline 6 gets 24.8 average and 30 highway.

Problem is keeping the foot off the pedal.

Chris

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #43  
Thats the same as my 335I. Twin Turbo inline 6 gets 24.8 average and 30 highway.

Problem is keeping the foot off the pedal.

Chris

I think that's the same engine they put in the X5.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #44  
The new *****/ EPA CAFE requirements for trucks sold in the US in 2016 need to average 28.8 mpg. By 2025 they will need to get to 54.5 mpg. At first mfgs liked the idea but as they realize that to get there the cost of new vehicles will double. Sales projections are in the toilet unless they can find a way to sell the majority of the public on under powered trucks.

As far as that X5 goes, I had a new 94 Z28 that had the same issue. The problem was that it would only vibrate at speeds over 60 and even then you would need to get over 65 to really feel the vibration. Corporate rules would not let anyone working for a dealer exceed the speed limit to diagnose or test a repair. On top of that every dealership has a standing policy of also not letting employees exceed the speed limit. The end result was they could only shot gun the problem.

Step one was to rebalance the wheels, then replace the drive shaft, then replace the rear axle. They never did solve the problem but did make it better.

Obammy is going to have change the laws of physics.

/ Maybe a new GM small diesel pickup?????? #45  
Gary Fowler. The mileage has not improved because there is very little left to gain without expensive research and expensive exotic aero space materials to build a mundane passenger vehicle . To be paid for by Joe Lunch Box working class.