McCormick CT41 HST

/ McCormick CT41 HST #1  

Caseyb1

Bronze Member
Tractor
McCormick CT41 HST
I've been told that this is a tractor made by LS. Can anyone tell me about any reliability issues it may suffer from? I'm thinking about trading in my Kubota L2800HST on this model tractor.

Thank you for your help.

Casey

/ McCormick CT41 HST #2  
I've been told that this is a tractor made by LS. Can anyone tell me about any reliability issues it may suffer from? I'm thinking about trading in my Kubota L2800HST on this model tractor.

Thank you for your help.

Casey

Welcome to the LS forum. You might want to go to the LS Tractor USA site and finding the closest matching model and ask about it. That said, most of us LS owner's think the brand is as reliable as any of the big names out there, though the parts distribution system can be pretty slow.

There is also a McCormick specific forum just below this one you could try. In any case good luck.

/ McCormick CT41 HST #3  
I believe that the LS model would be the R4041. Very nice machine. :thumbsup:

/ McCormick CT41 HST
It does look like it is the R4041H. Thank you for directing me to the right site.

Does anyone have one of these that could comment on it? Or a close version of it?

Thank you,

Casey

/ McCormick CT41 HST
Anyone have any experience with this particular model? I called the dealer where the used one is, we'll see if they are willing to deal tomorrow.

Thank you for the information.

Casey

/ McCormick CT41 HST #6  
Casey - I have a 2011 R4041 with about 59hrs on it - it is a good machine ... no real problems to date (at least none that were not my fault). It does what I ask it to do and doesn't complain much :)

/ McCormick CT41 HST
Thank you for the reply.

Since it's a 2011, is the model made by daedong, or is it an LS? I've been told that Daedong, aka Kioti, began making these for the 2011 Model year. However that may be incorrect, I really don't know for sure.

Casey

/ McCormick CT41 HST #8  
Casey, an R4041 is an LS tractor sold at LS dealers. ALL LS tractors are built by LS. The Daedong that you are thinking about is what McCormick is now selling where as a couple of years ago McCormick was selling re branded LS tractors which you are now considering. :confused2: Crazy, but it is what it is. ;)

/ McCormick CT41 HST #9  
Thank you for the reply.

Since it's a 2011, is the model made by daedong, or is it an LS? I've been told that Daedong, aka Kioti, began making these for the 2011 Model year. However that may be incorrect, I really don't know for sure.

Casey
I could be wrong, but I think the CT series McCormicks were made by LS.
The X10 series is made by Daedong.

/ McCormick CT41 HST
Casey, an R4041 is an LS tractor sold at LS dealers. ALL LS tractors are built by LS. The Daedong that you are thinking about is what McCormick is now selling where as a couple of years ago McCormick was selling re branded LS tractors which you are now considering. :confused2: Crazy, but it is what it is. ;)

You are completely correct, I'm quite confused. Thanks for setting me straight.

I wonder why McCormick went to Daedong from LS?

So I guess in general these are pretty tough tractors? Smooth 3ph, no funky PTO control cable nor weak PTO cams?

I might be overly concerned, but I'm becoming more & more fearful of using the PTO on my L2800. Especially with my newly acquired tiller.

Thanks to all for the education, I really appreciate it.

Awesome forum!!:thumbsup:

Casey