McCormick W4 won't run

/ McCormick W4 won't run
I've got them clean now. 200 grit sandpaper for the hard stuff and then finished it with a Scotch Brite pad. I avoided the seats, I'll clean them when I lap the valves.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #52  
I'm thinking something like walnut shell media, or glass bead type. Never blasted them, but have as mentioned literally scraped them with the edge of a worn out file, then finished polishing with a wire wheel on a bench grinder. Just thought the blaster sounded easier :) Maybe even the material you have for yours, just know when to say when, and stay away from the seating part of the valve. If you're going to do a bit of lapping back in, if you'd stray with the blaster, that should clean it up.What I took off of the ones I did was a white ashen buildup, and harder than the hubs of heck...

Maybe a straight or cupped, twisted wire brush on an angle grinder..?? And wear a dust mask..!!

/ McCormick W4 won't run
They are clean and lapped now. Everything shined up pretty nice. The one that was stuck took some extra effort but its good now aswell. I've got to take a run down to the antique tractor store in New Berry Michigan to pick up the gaskets, guages, decals, fuse holder, etc. Once I have the new head gasket and manifold gaskets, I'll put her back together and cross my fingers that it'll start :hyper:. I'll keep you guys updated.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #54  
Take lots of pictures. You should have it going this week if all goes well getting the gaskets.

/ McCormick W4 won't run #55  
oven cleaner...

/ McCormick W4 won't run #56  
nasty stuff.

last time I have valves stick.. took lots of acetone to clean the stems..

/ McCormick W4 won't run
MIKE R said:
Take lots of pictures. You should have it going this week if all goes well getting the gaskets.

Ya. This store I'm getting them from is supposed to be really good. If he has everything in stock I'll run down there later this week.