Me A Happy Camper - 1975 Dodge 500

/ Me A Happy Camper - 1975 Dodge 500 #71  
Well, I did manage to find a rebuilt MC for $288 plus shipping. Still awfully expensive, but I really didn't have any choice. I bought it through a local heavy duty truck/trailer parts dealer. It didn't seem like a problem at all for them to get it. My old casting was stamped "Midland" and "300407". They referred to it as a Haldex part, so maybe Haldex is now the supplier or reman. They are big in the heavy-duty truck brake market. Anyway, the new one is identical to the old one so life is good. Of course my brake line fittings were seized up didn't come of without twisting and breaking, so I have that to contend with as well.

/ Me A Happy Camper - 1975 Dodge 500
Well, I did manage to find a rebuilt MC for $288 plus shipping. Still awfully expensive, but I really didn't have any choice. I bought it through a local heavy duty truck/trailer parts dealer. It didn't seem like a problem at all for them to get it. My old casting was stamped "Midland" and "300407". They referred to it as a Haldex part, so maybe Haldex is now the supplier or reman. They are big in the heavy-duty truck brake market. Anyway, the new one is identical to the old one so life is good. Of course my brake line fittings were seized up didn't come of without twisting and breaking, so I have that to contend with as well.

Glad you got what you wanted.
I sure would like to see a picture if the MC if possible.

Jim

/ Me A Happy Camper - 1975 Dodge 500 #73  
Any updates? I have the same master cylinder and trying to find a replacement as well

/ Me A Happy Camper - 1975 Dodge 500
Any updates? I have the same master cylinder and trying to find a replacement as well

Hi,
The story continues on the thread "bad day at black block".
I have a ford MC that will fit, push rod needs to be a little shorter. Not a big deal.
forget which Ford it fits,, have box but number has faded out. Only cost $65 brand new. As opposed to the Dodge at $450 rebuilt.

Plan to get it done some day. Other projects hav3 taken priority.

Jim