Me and my BX have a new home

/ Me and my BX have a new home #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
I have posted about some of the exploits me and my BX24 have had since we fell in love and she came home with me back in July (wife still wants to know if I want to sleep with the tractor).

Well - I'm happy to let this awesome community know I'm helping you out by moving to a new house with 34 acres, a barn and a 1/4 mile long driveway here in Upstate NY. I'm proud to admit I'll be asking many more questions and opinions and posting a lot more photographs for you to discuss and comment on.

SO - I'm not asking - yes - I think a BX24 can handle 34 acres - and I'll report my escapades over the coming years!

/ Me and my BX have a new home #2  
Congrats to you and the Mrs. on your new homestead fishpick.
34 acres w/1/4 mile driveway....well than should keep the BX happy puttering around.

/ Me and my BX have a new home #3  
Hmmm... the way I read it, did the Mrs. come along? You said it was you and the BX, did she decide your affair with your tractor was too much???

/ Me and my BX have a new home #4  
Congradulations on the new homestead! Now if you were from NYC upstate would mean anywhere north of the tapanzee Bridge, but I am assuming you mean you are way north of Albany! You will need to fire up that BX if winter changes over the next week or so.

Oh for the days of being in the north country and a stranger would pull up and ask about someone that lives there and wonder if we know where they can find him. Our direct answer was always "What ya want him for"!

Also a place where gun racks in the back window hold guns and not levels!

Enjoy and keep us updated.

Wayne

/ Me and my BX have a new home #5  
Congrat's on your new home.:cool:
Even though you are not ready to admit it yet. I see a bigger tractor in the future. :D

/ Me and my BX have a new home
deereguy said:
Hmmm... the way I read it, did the Mrs. come along? You said it was you and the BX, did she decide your affair with your tractor was too much???
The wife came along... and she and I are set up for a battle royale... Do I putter on the BX... or do I put down 1200 sq ft of hardwoods for her... see where I'm going... does the 30x40 pole barn get a concrete floor... or do I put in Corian with my fabricator buddy... see - pattern here?
Honestly - we are excited.
and ronjhall - you will get me shot with talk like that... (shhh, the Grand L's are NICE...)

/ Me and my BX have a new home #7  
It's easy to try to spend someone else's money.................

I'd keep the Bota, and try to pick up a used utility tractor. If you have rough mowing, a 6ft bush hog, and heck, maybe even a loader............

You can park them both in the machine shed you're building.

Have fun,
ron

/ Me and my BX have a new home #8  
ronjhall said:
Congrat's on your new home.:cool:
Even though you are not ready to admit it yet. I see a bigger tractor in the future. :D

Ditto's...It is unavoidable, it is your desitny.:)

Enjoy the 34 acres. That is a real nice size. Congrats!

RonR said:
...You can park them both in the machine shed you're building.
Did I say I was building a shed... ;)
It comes with a 30x40 pole barn - only need to pour the floor... Thinking ahead I will be pouring one bay to accommodate a lift sometime in the future... Then there's the snowplow truck... ohh, and my wood shop...
Yup - I need a shed... :eek:

Old thread - yes...

We move in Sunday!

Here's to many good future project and tractor posts!