measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #11  
Re: measure your tires on bx 2360 kubota

In what perverse alternate reality does "Orange still rules!" if they are buying freak out of spec tires ? (fer cheep).
Presumably this is under the guise of "saving our customers money while providing the best value" or some such cr*p.
Probably haint' just Kubota only.
How many other brands have we hven't heard of this ?

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #12  
Mismatched tires on a 4WD tractor are a dangerous thing. It puts extra stresses on the tranny from the different rolling radius of the tires.

"Kubota rules!" Yea, right. Not with that disparity. Who makes the tires? China?

I just checked the tires on my Deere. Spot on Carlisles made in the USA.

As John Arbuckle used to say, "You get what you pay for"

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #13  
Mismatched tires on a 4WD tractor are a dangerous thing. It puts extra stresses on the tranny from the different rolling radius of the tires.

"Kubota rules!" Yea, right. Not with that disparity. Who makes the tires? China?

I just checked the tires on my Deere. Spot on Carlisles made in the USA.

As John Arbuckle used to say, "You get what you pay for"

Huh? Please clarify.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #14  
I remember a long time ago (when I used to race Stock Cars), reading somewhere that car tires by law had an allowed plus/minus tolerance of 5% from the size they were supposed to be. Now whether THAT was true or not is debatable, I never tried to verify it one way or the other. That's a heck of a lot when you think about it! It makes sense though...everything is built to a certain tolerance and I expect tire molds to be no different. I used to do a lot of measuring circumferences to get my stagger right and I did find that between different manufactures there often was a large disparity, but in the same line they were quite close, but not necessarily always identical. I think tractor tires are probably much the same as car tires. I have seen some of those on old tractors with very noticeable differences in sizes...once again, different manufactures but same tire size molded on the rubber.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #16  
Re: measure your tires on bx 2360 kubota

Probably haint' just Kubota only.
How many other brands have we hven't heard of this ?

The problem is "Kubota ONLY" when what are supposedly matched sets (as described in the base post) are shipped and found to be way out of whack.

Yes, manufacturing processes have tolerances.
Quality programs aim to keep those tolerances, within acceptable costs.
Beyond that if the variation is still too wide for the application there are various "color dot" techniques to, for example, mark all the very big ones (of whatever) with a paint dot, mark all the very small ones with a different color dot, etc. Maybe have 5 or 10 sizing groups.
This allows things to be built from varying parts and helps to avoid the "friday afternoon car" effect, though "a lemon by any other name..." and sometimes replacement part mismatch "happens".

This is done in other industries, e.g. semi-conductors that have a speed spread, piston rings are sorted by size and marked to match them to piston size differences.

Kubota almost certainly knows about the variations in tire sizes and needs to match them up a lot better.
If they don't know and/or don't care enough...
DANG RIGHT it is a KooBoo problem.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #18  
I take that to mean John Deere cost more so they got to be better.;)

There you go! I'll bet Kubotas aren't Carlilses made in the USA.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #19  
There you go! I'll bet Kubotas aren't Carlilses made in the USA.

Mine are OTR TractionMasters made in Rome, GA

Is that close to China?

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #20  
Mine are OTR TractionMasters made in Rome, GA

Is that close to China?

What does it say on the tires? Made in the USA? What's the disparity between your tires? It's already established that Kubota has a problem. Did you measure your tires? You can get lousy quality control in any country. Its the tractor company that dictates tolerances. OTR might make higher tolerance tires for one tactor company over another. Looks like Kubota has tolerance problems. Where else does that show up in the tractor? The tires are just an indicator.
The Kubota comes off the line with the bucket an inch and a half higher on one side and nobody notices? What else aren't they 'noticing'? You want a 4WD tractor grinding away at a tranny because of tire related stresses?
I don't want to beat up your tractor but don't stick your head in the sand either.