Mechanical Brush Clearing Attachments for Compact Tractors

/ Mechanical Brush Clearing Attachments for Compact Tractors #21  
I've cleared a lot of brush with a bucket and tooth bar or grapple and a box blade, all with a 30 hp tractor. Sometimes I'll use a brushhog to knock down the smaller stuff.

/ Mechanical Brush Clearing Attachments for Compact Tractors #22  
There is some good advise on this thread. They are right, the speedy way is more expensive. Sometimes that is what is necessary. With a box blade and chain saw, Strap and chain you can get quite a bit done if you have the time. You can push over cedars easily. The other deeper rooted little trees can be cut flush and piled up for burning on those misty days here in the spring. The stumps rot out in time. A new chain saw 18" medium duty is about $200. If you have a fence around it, you can defoliate it quickly by buying about 10 goats and throwing them in. They will strip it down to nothing in no time and when they are done, you can sell them for what you paid for them. They go for about $35 each in our area. A tube of worm medicine is about $12. They will need some of that every couple of months. Some advantages if you have time and inclination to do the work yourself. The work is good and will keep you in shape. I make my kids & wife help just so they can experience a touch of what I grew up with daily. They refer to it as weekend slave labor. Just my opinion on how we spend our time on projects like this. Good luck on your project. Let us know where you are located. If you are close we can drive by and take a peek.

John

/ Mechanical Brush Clearing Attachments for Compact Tractors #23  
Spacing saw. Do a few acres each year. Keep going over it with a bush hog.

/ Mechanical Brush Clearing Attachments for Compact Tractors #24  
I have a place in northern california and wanted to have an attachment that would actually yank my brush out by the roots so it would not come back. Well tell you what, I had to make my own tool to get the job done. It seems hopeless sometimes when you have a lot of land and alot of invasive plants and trees to deal with, but sometimes one at a time is very good therapy. There is of course the problem with the biomass, but I just burn here under cover of fog.