Meg-Mo Blades?

/ Meg-Mo Blades? #1  

Mayhem

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
Anyone use these before? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifIt looks interesting,I may have to check into this further.Has anyone had any experience with these?
http://www.meg-mo.com/

/ Meg-Mo Blades? #2  
Rich,

I have used them on my 72 inch deck and like them. They do a nice job of mulching. They even do a fairly nice job in wet grass, but I try to avoid mowing wet.

In my opinion, they are a fair and reliable company to do business with.

JackIL

/ Meg-Mo Blades?
Thanks JackIL:

@ about $225.00 for the set I need to have someone say they work /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I don't have any leaves to mulch, I'm just always looking for a better cut.
I want to put a Striper attachment on so I'm thinking that anything these blades might do for a nicer cut would be messed up by the striper /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich

/ Meg-Mo Blades? #5  
Rich …
I use a set on my 6’ finish mower… This is my second set.

The first set was not very good, I contacted the guy that makes them. He checked & found there was a mistake made drilling the first.

He sent me a second set. With that set I discovered the 12 blades had so much lift, the air blowing under the deck tended to push the grass down, this resulted in a rather uneven cut.

With some experimenting I found that by replacing every other blade with a flat (no lift) blade, disk mower blades. Cuts and mulches very well.

It is a heavier load on the engine… mulching after all is re-cutting the grass. I probably do the majority of my mowing with the original manufactures blade.

MegMo is a solid company and he will try to resolve any problems. Seems some decks will handle the double air flow better than others. KennyV.