Member of the Month - LD1

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #22  
Congratulations, very nice write up and beautiful family, I too guessed your age as older.

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #23  
Well it seems now the cats out of the bag. I am just a young punk kid :)

That is one thing I always liked about tbn, is the animosity. When I joined here, I would have only been 23. And even now not even being 30 yet, if people actually knew that, I think that many of my posts of advise or suggestions would have often been overlooked. No different than many of the skilled trade jobs I have had. Its a tough concept for someone twice my age to give me any credit for the skill and knowledge I do have. And I by no means know everything, but given my age and what I do know, makes it difficult for someone with twice the experience to want to share. ( that's putting it nicely).

I often think that if I was a total idiot and knew nothing, that some of the more seasoned folk would be more willing to help. (Talking about work and not tbn).

I was even reluctant in the artical to disclose my age, wondering what effects it might have going forward. But I figured I have been here long enough, I'll give my opinions and suggestions anyway. Doesn't really bother me if someone chooses not to listen just because I am a youngster ;)

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #26  
There is nothing wrong with being young LD1. If you have good ideas, I don't care if you are 12, I will listen to them. If you have good ideas, and lots of useful experience now, think of how useful you will be when you are an older person having gained even more experience. I have always respected your input and will continue to do so. Nothing has changed from my point of view.:thumbsup:

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #27  
Congratulations ld1

Btw... I was pretty close on your age, I think you have indicated it in the past and I remember you being pretty close to me.

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #29  
There is nothing wrong with being young LD1. If you have good ideas, I don't care if you are 12, I will listen to them. If you have good ideas, and lots of useful experience now, think of how useful you will be when you are an older person having gained even more experience. I have always respected your input and will continue to do so. Nothing has changed from my point of view.:thumbsup:

If only everyone had that kind of mentality...

Reality is (at least for me), in a skilled trade workplace, older folks can be stubborn and bull headed and don't want to hear anything a "twenty a something" has to say about what they have been doing for 30 years. Makes it tough at times.

Trying to convince a 55 year old co-workernthat if you run just a bit faster, or feed just a little heavier with a particular carbide cutter that the finish will be better and they think you are just a stupid kid. Then when you show them, and they still refuse to acknowledge is just to save face. Drives me nuts. Similar things have happened several times in my career. I just don't get it.

You all here are a great group of guys. Wish I could have the opportunity to work with some of you all.

/ Member of the Month - LD1 #30  
Congratulations ld1

Btw... I was pretty close on your age, I think you have indicated it in the past and I remember you being pretty close to me.

I would not have guessed you to be close to me.

Not an insult to anyone, but I would have guessed the age of most of the regulars on here to be 40+.

But then again, most of the people I know personally that are under 40 really dont know much and don't care to know much.