Mercedes C300? Good and bad?

/ Mercedes C300? Good and bad?
He won't be disappointed with the car. Just tell him he needs to save up some money if he plans to have it serviced at a Mercedes dealership.
New-flash, even a dedicated mechanics shop (non dealer) dedicated to German cars isn't cheap IMO LOL

His gamble is that the car was in sound condition when he bought it. We had to drive 2.5 hours to pick it up. That said, carfax was "solid" being one owner, the woman's daughter seemed like she had common sense, and looking at all the variables, it did seem like a good gamble (although I still wouldn't have taken that gamble for myself).

He knew the pros and cons going in, and as mentioned, good kid, so we let him make the choice on his own. We figured if it became a huge mistake, he would learn a lesson.

He still works 20 hrs a week while going to school, and he still saved enough buying this car that he could still actually buy another car. So at this point, the car doesn't look like it's going to kill him money wise.

Honestly, driving it myself 2.5 home, it does drive very nicely and for what he paid for it, a pretty good deal for him.