Merry Christmas 07

/ Merry Christmas 07 #21  
EddieWalker said:
I put fishing with the kids last as it's more of an incentive that way. We fish all the time, but I don't want to take it for granted, so I put it on my list to make sure I take time out from projects to have some fun with them. ...

Yeah, I know. When I was a kid, I used to fish every day it was possible. We had an oxbow lake that was about a mile long in the back yard with only four houses and a public park on it. It had no public boat ramp, either, so I pretty much had it to myself for the first 24 years of my life. Then I moved across town, got married, had children, etc... and am now lucky to fish 4 or 5 times a year, most of that on ice. My girls aren't really into the fishing too much, but the little one will go and usually catches more than me (wonder why? ;) ).

But if I had my druthters, I'd quit my job, sell everything we own, invest it and live in a van down by the river the rest of my life (once my kids finish college and my wife has a nice place of her own, because she won't go along with the van thing). :)

/ Merry Christmas 07 #22  
EddieWalker said:
bmac,

The RV Park is an ongoing goal that I'm working towards, but there is no time frame for opening. I do what I can with what I have, while always working towards that goal.

Understood. I was just yanking your chain a little.

My roads get a littel bigger, a little smoother while createing drainage. The trees dissapear and the land gets smoothed out while other areas get built up. It's a big project, but slowly, it's taking shape. People who come over can see what it will be like now, where just a year ago I had a banker that I know come over, and he didn't see it. People have no vision and I'm not very good at explaining ideas.

Eddie, please. You are too modest. You have 6600 posts on this forum alone. You explain things very well (at least in writing).

I can draw and make it happen, but I do lack in verbal skills. To get the funding that I'll need, I want to have it so obvious that a five year old will understand where everything goes, how it ties together and what it will look like when finished.

I have no doubt that you will make it happen. If you ever need a test pilot for your ideas, just run them by me. If I can understand it, then any 5 year old will be able to do so, as well.:D

Eddie

Here's to a successful 2008 for you and your family.

/ Merry Christmas 07 #24  
cqaigy2 said:
Yummmm, filets lightly breaded and fried. :D

My favorite is Golden Dipt Beer Batter mix. Put the mix in a bowl. Open one 12oz beer. Take a big sip of the beer. Pour in remaining 10oz of beer in the mix and beat. Dip the fillets and drop in a Fry Daddy with a nice, light vegetable oil. Try that mix if you get a chance. It puffs up very nicely and has a lemmony taste. Outstanding. :D