Message for Mohammed

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Message for Mohammed #1  

gordon21

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 790
PLEASE go back to using Eastern time as the time indicated on the web site. Using GMT is a pain in the butt. No one on this site is filing a flight plan with an ATC facility. It is aggravating to be reading threads and trying to keep up when all the recent posts tonight say "yesterday". Right now you have 50,000+ users who are inconvienanced. I will go out on a limb here and speak for the 50,000 of us. We want eastern time, not the time in England. I think you will find over 99% of your users are from the USA.

The best comparison I can make is flight schedules on the screens in an airport. How would YOU feel if every departure and arrival time were advanced by 4 hours when you looked up at the screens?????

Let's see. I'm at the airport at exactly 8PM at night. The screen says 12:20AM departure time. Did the flight leave yet or not. Get out some fingers and toes and start counting. Wait a minute..... Do I add or subtract 4 hours??

We are tractor owners, not commodity brokers watching world markets around the globe. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reset the time.

/ Message for Mohammed #2  
Get a grip and change the default time in your control panel to -4 hours GMT

/ Message for Mohammed #3  
You have to set the time zone yourself...

Click on the User CP (control panel) in the upper left corner and then click on Edit Options... scroll down the page to Date and Time Options and pick your time zone and click Save Changes to save your updated profile... Then sit down and relax and enjoy the forum. :)

/ Message for Mohammed
I was gone for a few days while all the software changed. Last night was quite a difference when I logged back in. The new software is far far more sofisticated. I scanned the user CP link and fixed my problem. With enough time, all 50,000 of us will get used to the changes. Thanks.

/ Message for Mohammed #5  
Hey, you think you got it bad changing just this one forum, I have to change every single forum to GMT from Eastern. ;)

/ Message for Mohammed #6  
I miss the "NEW" messages being highlighted!!!!

/ Message for Mohammed #7  
I was wondering what happened, thinking it was a personal problem. Both this site and the VWenthusiast site I frequent changed at what seemed to be the same time. I felt like people were trying to avoid me or something.

I like the changes here, fwiw.

/ Message for Mohammed #8  
Problem solved. :)

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.