Messy Grease Guns

/ Messy Grease Guns #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I just mounted a grease gun holder on my ROPS, and now have a mess right below it on the frame where it has dripped out the back of the tube. Well, over the weekend I saw an article on one of the shows on Speed channel that looks like it will solve this problem, anyone have one or seen one, where to purchase, check this out. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
http://www.greaseguncaddy.com/

/ Messy Grease Guns #2  
Good idea! I don't see a price anywhere on that website. Looks like it would work really good.

/ Messy Grease Guns #3  
Maybe you can make one out of PVC or ABS pipe????

/ Messy Grease Guns #4  
I bought a cheapie molded plastic tool box for all my greasing tools. Keeps the grease and oil in and the dust out. Not as convenient as this holder but suits me and the price was right. I figure in 20 or so years, I'll have to take some rags to sop up the accumulated oil /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Messy Grease Guns
Got a reply from an e-mail to one of the dealers that is in N.C. I'm going to ask around and order some of them. I asked about the black ones and here's the reply. www.mcisupply.com

The caddies are $11.95 each. We have the black in stock and can ship when needed. The shipping cost to you would depend on quantity. I would think about 6-7 dollars for one.

/ Messy Grease Guns #6  
I have accumulated four grease guns over the years in the futile hope that one...just one...would not leak.

Not a chance.

I gave up and just threw them all in an old 20mm ammo can.

Let 'em leak to their hearts' content.

/ Messy Grease Guns #7  
Jeez, and I thought it was just my grease gun that leaked like a sieve. What is with that? I understand there are high pressures involved but shouldn't it be made to NOT leak?

Bonehead

/ Messy Grease Guns #8  
I have asked this question on other forums and never got an answer, why does grease liquify and leak?

/ Messy Grease Guns #9  
May be the grease changes in viscosity as the temperatures get warmer? The grease is forced to the pump part by a spring loaded plunger so there is always pressure on it.

Come north to -40 C and you will not have any grease drip problems!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Messy Grease Guns #10  
That's true Egon. But every spring-fall my grease guns leak too. It's to the point where I hang mine off a nail in the wall with a plastic bag around them. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kevin