Metal Building

/ Metal Building
WOW, Looks like I'm talking to the wrong people. both Sawduster98 and flusher seems to have gotten a much better price than me. Do you remember where you guys purchased your units on from what outfit? Could you post their name?
Thanks, Bill

/ Metal Building #12  
Could use some advise as to the purchase price and what to LOOK OUT for on the buying of a 30X40X12 metal building. I have one Quote so far for 15K for the building and 9,800 to put it up. The cement floor and footings 7k. What do you TBN's have to say, is that priced about right? How hard would it be to put up on my own? Just had a knee replacement and not sure I could handle this project just yet. Thanks in advance.

I got two good knee's and I wouldn't tackle that. On thing I would look at it the engineered blueprint when building it, or at the very least before you sign off on it. They will try to rush you to get their final payment. Don't suck for it. Take the time to make sure they put all the braces, wind braces, jack braces, etc. on the building that are on the engineered print.

I had a building done 10 years ago and I did not do that and was shorted a lot of bracing. Trying to get it settled now, the company said at that time they subcontracted the job out, but they will make it right. The foreman is coming over tomorrow to look at it to correct the deficiencies. The problem is, where the braces were supposed to be are right where I have racks and rooms and things built in the way. I don't know what's going to happen, but make sure you don't get stung like that.

/ Metal Building #13  
I just got two quotes for kits:

24 x 30 x 12 2 roll ups, one entry $6200 plus freight (armourmetals)
30 x 40 x 10 1 sliding 1 entry, fright included $7600 (Pole Barns Direct)

The armour looks real easy to put up using custom steel trusses.

/ Metal Building #14  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Metal Building #15  
WOW, Looks like I'm talking to the wrong people. both Sawduster98 and flusher seems to have gotten a much better price than me. Do you remember where you guys purchased your units on from what outfit? Could you post their name?
Thanks, Bill

Bought mine from a local outfit in Redding --- Quality Portable Storage Sheds. Concrete work was done by a local contractor in Orland. Don't think either of these outfits work as far South as Tehachapi. My shop was built 7 years ago and the price of steel has gone up significantly since then.

Good luck.

/ Metal Building #17  
Could use some advise as to the purchase price and what to LOOK OUT for on the buying of a 30X40X12 metal building. I have one Quote so far for 15K for the building and 9,800 to put it up. The cement floor and footings 7k. What do you TBN's have to say, is that priced about right? How hard would it be to put up on my own? Just had a knee replacement and not sure I could handle this project just yet. Thanks in advance.

I had my 40' x 40' by 14' metal building put up. It took them 4 days to assemble from the concrete up, including insulation and three doors. The most useful item I added to the building was that I had them design a frame for a ventilation fan at the apex of the back gable wall. It helps keep everything cool in the NC summers.

Ken

/ Metal Building #18  
I hauled steel buildings for Wheeling Steel. People who had the right equipment to move steel and framing around as well as the capability to raise trusses and roof steel can put one together. Do it quickly as the wind can make assembly a bear. Most of my deliveries were to farms, etc. where a contractor would do the work. Worth having some experience or a similar building nearby that you can look at for the odd things that come up.

I remember as a young twenty year old helping an uncle pour his two car garage floor. My uncle had a neighbor who was a cement finisher. Everything was done by hand back then. The pro did 3/4 of the floor while my uncle and I busted our butts to do just a quarter done.