Tires Metal Contaminaton and tire scuffing

/ Metal Contaminaton and tire scuffing #1  

ayacht

Tractor
John Deere 4300
I have some new information for those of you with tire scuffing problems and metal contamination. A Deere mechanic on the Yahoo 4000 tractor board gave me the following numbers to give to your dealers in relation to the problems.

For those with the front axle problems (turf scuffing) have your dealer check DTAC Solutions 46065 (may 2000) and 47975 (oct 2000). The solution dated may 2000 is the earliest reference to the issue I can locate.

For those with the Hydro oil contamination, have your dealer reference to SIB 99-11-35-10.

I have asked him if he could post the entire text of these bulletins. If someone here is a dealer or real friendly with a dealer they maybe able to get them. I can scan an hard copies and would give you my address or fax # to send them too. Hope this heps any of you with these problems.

On another note the dealer is picking my tractor up on Thurs. to fix the contamination. When I showed it to him he didn't seem too surprised. Guess they see it alot. He said they will flush the transmission and he wasn't worried about any damage to components. Somehow that seems wrong to me. I would think that any metal bouncing around in the tranny gears is bad. Also he doesn't believe the FEL problem is related which is why I was changing the oil in the first place. The saga continues. Anyone have any help on what dealer should be doing with this problem to fix it right. I know a lot of you out there have had to have this problem fixed.