Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #21  
I should have clarified that my L4400HST is the one I was talking about having 2 filters and one has a magnet. I bought 2 Kubota brand filters to replace them and only one had a magnet. I had an off brand filter that I was going to use but the magnet would not fit on it.

The Kubota oil filter part numbers I got were:
HHTAO-37710 and HHTAO-59900.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #22  
I should have clarified that my L4400HST is the one I was talking about having 2 filters and one has a magnet. I bought 2 Kubota brand filters to replace them and only one had a magnet. I had an off brand filter that I was going to use but the magnet would not fit on it.

The Kubota oil filter part numbers I got were:
HHTAO-37710 and HHTAO-59900.

The magnet is fitted to the suction filter. The HST filter is a charge pressure filter; all oil flowing through it has recently passed through the suction filter and close to its magnet.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #23  
No reason you could not simply put it on the new filter after cleaning it up.

That was my point exactly.

My L48 was purchased used so maybe the filter magnet was lost. Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #24  
tallyho8,

I have an L4240HST and about to do a hst fluid change. Which of the two filters had a magnet?

Thanks,

P.D.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #25  
The hydraulic filter for the overall fluid, not the HST one that is located on the left side as you sit on the tractor.

tallyho8,

I have an L4240HST and about to do a hst fluid change. Which of the two filters had a magnet?

Thanks,

P.D.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #26  
C H A N G E is inevitable, progress is not...
:D .. :thumbsup: Progress integrated over time = zero :confused3:
larry

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #27  
tallyho8,

Thanks,

P.D.

To the best of my knowledge, only the main filter (suction side) has the magnet.

Sean

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #28  
Years ago I repaired transmissions for a new car dealer. Some of these repairs were update parts such as improved seals done on units with just a few thousand miles. Every transmission had chips left over from the manufacturing process in the pan. I serously would not worry about the metal particles.

/ Metal Shavings On Hydraulic Filter #29  

I think that these could be a good idea, in that they probably know how to orient the magnet correctly.

If any of you choose to use your own magnet, please try a few filings to make sure you have your magnet oriented correctly. Also, it will probably need to be a very powerful magnet, else the case will carry the flux so effectively, little magnetic potential will remain on the oil side.