Metric bolts

/ Metric bolts #11  
I can make you a real good deal on 50,000 stainless steel, M3x0.5, 20 mm long, phillips head screws. LOL. Our supplier sent us the wrong lengths, and then sent us replacements, and then said "we don't want the other ones back". It was more to ship them back then the cost of the screws originally.

Actually, most we are just going to put into the stock bins as extras, or maybe I'll design them into something so we use them up. Otherwise, they will just become ebay items. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Metric bolts
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> 50,000 stainless steel, M3x0.5, 20 mm long </font> )</font>

I appreciate the offer....but that may be a few more I would need in this lifetime. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Metric bolts #13  
I was doing a service to my tractor the other day & when reinstalling bolts/nuts, I thought I'd torque them & couldn't believe that the torque specs were either too hard to find in my manuals or non-existent. Has anyone seen a torque spec sheet for various metric & pipe thread fasteners ???
Eric

/ Metric bolts #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was doing a service to my tractor the other day & when reinstalling bolts/nuts, I thought I'd torque them & couldn't believe that the torque specs were either too hard to find in my manuals or non-existent. Has anyone seen a torque spec sheet for various metric & pipe thread fasteners ???
Eric )</font>

I believe that it is imperative that metric bolts be torqued to a specific Newton-Meter setting. They will not function properly if a Foot-Pound setting is used. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dave

/ Metric bolts #16  
Thanks for Info.
The Conversion Chart will be useful.
To elaborate further about my situation, as an example, the suction screen housing on my JD4210 has 2 metric bolts that are (I think) 8mm & had 10.9 on the head. My problem was that I couldn't find the torque spec & had to go to the generic information in the front of the manual.
Eric