metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230
That belt on eBay doesn't look right. I ordered them today from the NAPA store, as I really want to pull the old ones before they break, and that can't be far off. They charged $52 ea. plus whatever the freight will be from Georgia. I think the belts need this pattern to handle the back bend around those idlers.

MetricPixSM04.jpg

Here's the fix I did for the rusty 'wheel axle' bolts. Though they were metric, I discovered that a 3/8 NC bolt threads freely though the metric captive nuts, if only just slightly loosely. I replaced the bolts with stainless 3 1/2" X 3/8" bolts with stainless fender washers and lock nuts, double nutting the captive nuts after the bolts were well tightened in from the top. I think this will be an okay fix, except it will make opening the belt case a bit of a pain, as I will have to remove the lock nuts each time I open the cases. I will be working on a workaround for that soon.

mower bolts 001.jpg

mower bolts 002.jpg

mower bolts 003.jpg

mower bolts 004.jpg

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #13  
   / metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #15  
Quick update. The first couple of uses, I managed to pop one of the belts off of the pulleys when hitting heavy grass, or lightly scalping the ground. I noticed that the two belts were obviously different ages, so the tension wasn't matched...having the loose belt correctly tensioned made the newer belt too tight (bad for the bearings).

So, I got the Goodyear belts from Amazon....$11 each! They fit perfectly, and they aren't popping off the pulleys like the older, incorrect belts were, and I intentionally ran it through some heavy stuff to test it...no problems. The bad news is I just posted a review on Amazon, and noted they increased the price to $25 per belt. I got the last two in stock, so it's likely they were from an earlier purchase, and the prices have gone up. Still, their price is something like $9 cheaper than the next best, and I'm happy they're Goodyear belts made in the USA!

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #16  
If you don't mind me asking, what do you pull this with, I have a tc40da to do misc work with and a client that wants 5 acres mowed once a month, would this tractor pull this and would this mower do a good job mowing a field once a month? Thanks

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #17  
If you don't mind me asking, what do you pull this with, I have a tc40da to do misc work with and a client that wants 5 acres mowed once a month, would this tractor pull this and would this mower do a good job mowing a field once a month? Thanks

Sorry for the delay in replying, I must have missed this. I've used this mower with my LS R4047 and MF 241, both of which are a bit bigger than your TC, but I'm certain you would have no problem running it with your machine. My LS had 38.5hp at the PTO, and I think your TC has maybe 5 less, but that will be more than enough.

Overall, I think the Sitrex gives a nice cut, seems to run smooth, and hasn't given me any problems. Mine had the older pneumatic tires that I just changed over to solid rubber. I found solid replacements online, bought the correct size mounting cone, and pressed them on with a shop press...worked out pretty well in the end and cost about $175 for everything.

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #18  
Hi folks. Not around here much lately, but I just noticed this. I don't care to do biz with Amazon much, but this price for Goodyear belts is pretty good.

Goodyear Engineered Products GY Metric XPB2800 Cogged V-Belt, 14mm Height, 17mm Width, 2800mm Datum Length: Industrial V Belts: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Now I am dealing with a busted wheel and I see the Italian mowers seem to have the same solid tire wheels on many brands. But all the sources seem to be back east with Ohio being closest to me. Anyone know a source in the PNW? I see them as low as $34 on Ebay.

/ metric mower belts Rhino XM750/ Sitrex SM 230 #20