Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies......

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
I put in my order for the new tractor yesterday and my dealer tells me he can cut the cost of the wheel weights in half by going with a mexican wheel weight. He said they are exact copies and you can bolt up these to the factory deere weights or vice versa...

The only thing he said was they are a bit less refined and not as smooth as the JD weights. Anyone ever use or see these?

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #2  
While I wouldn't think first off that these weights should be a problem I can say that with three Deere 110# weights on each wheel has been trouble free. I was concerned about balance with the possibility of 330 #s on each of my wheels and/or loosening of the weights. So far the Deere weights have remained tight, if it were me I would stick with them.

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #3  
Given the amount of moving parts on a wheel weight, I'd go for it.

Any more info on these weights? I wouldnt mind getting an additional pair for my 3520...

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies......
I plan to locktite the bolts and I also plan to silicon the weights lightly when I install them. It has worked great on my larger tractors.

Dave I will send you a PM.

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #5  
Any idea if they cast suitcase weights too?

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #6  
Roy,

Sure you can get suitcase weights too. Another forum member got these and they wouldn't fit the retainer rod correctly.

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #7  
Given the amount of moving parts on a wheel weight, I'd go for it.

Any more info on these weights? I wouldnt mind getting an additional pair for my 3520...

I would say the whole thing is a moving part.

As long as you can keep them tight and secure they will work.

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies......
Roy,

Sure you can get suitcase weights too. Another forum member got these and they wouldn't fit the retainer rod correctly.

Do you know where that thread is? I would like to read it. As long as stuff is not too far off, these are very easy to modify!

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #9  
I plan to locktite the bolts and I also plan to silicon the weights lightly when I install them. It has worked great on my larger tractors..

We always used cast iron wheel weights on the old two-cylinders (4-150#er's on the 720D) never had any problems with them loosening up! Just use lock washers & tighten them tight to begin with.

I would prefer to have cast on my (new-to-me) JD 790, but since the fluid is already in there, the damage is done. ~~ grnspot110

/ Mexican Wheel Weights - JD Copies...... #10  
Do you know where that thread is? I would like to read it. As long as stuff is not too far off, these are very easy to modify!

I am sure he will be along when he sees your thread, EEPete is the OP and he has a 4520cab 2009.