Meyer plow on Jinma 284?

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #11  
I made mine so that it just slips onto the bucket then chains hold it in place. The angle set is the old style, pin. Works great and doesnt' take but a few seconds to mount or dismount. If I had a hydraulic angle I don't think it would be that hard to engineer something up???

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284?
I'm thinking of another idea. Since I have a Markham toothbar it would be a simple matter of welding the two Meyer "Quick Hitch" female receivers onto a plate welded to the rear of the tooth bar plate, as far as possible inside the bucket while still allowing angling of the plow. This will keep my bucket on and intact and still allow the plow to have a quick attach/detach feature.

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284?
I finally finished the project and plowed snow with it. All is OK but it still needs some improvements. Since I've not yet mastered posting pictures, Chris will help me out. Many thanks to 3RRL for his help with the hydraulics that consist on both rear and front remotes. I made a small improvement for the stacking valve bracket to incorporate a roof over it with a drip edge. You'll see this in the picture post.

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #14  
Here is pics of Steve's setup. He did a very nice job on both the plow and hydro's setup.

Chris

Attachments

• Rear Hydraulics.jpg.jpg
    Rear Hydraulics.jpg.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 215
  • New Valves.jpg.jpg
    New Valves.jpg.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Ready for Snow.jpg.jpg
    Ready for Snow.jpg.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Finally Done.jpg.jpg
    Finally Done.jpg.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 246
   / Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #15  
Here is one more.

Chris

Attachments

• Front Hydraulics.jpg.jpg
    Front Hydraulics.jpg.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 290
   / Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #16  
Steve, that is one slick set up, thanks so much for sharing. Wish I had the same.

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #17  
Now if Steve could only post pics like he can design/build he would have it all covered;):D.

Great job Steve (and Chris for posting:)). Bring on the Snow!!!

Sorry I forgot you guys in the NE got wacked already this week.

Dave

PS. I used my similar setup this week and it worked great!. So much fun I was looking for my neighbors diveways to clean out.

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #18  
Dave

You are the one who inspired me to do my plow so I need to thank you. It came out great. Used it a few times in the last week.

Chris

Attachments

• Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Image029.jpg
    Image029.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 199
   / Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #19  
Dave

You are the one who inspired me to do my plow so I need to thank you. It came out great. Used it a few times in the last week.

Chris

Kind words Chris. I think when we all have ideas and someone else can use all or parts to make it work for them, makes it more special. Its always great to salvage something from nothing and make it work. Maybe next year I will find the time to refinish like yours and then it will seem complete. Functionally it seems to do the job.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Dave

/ Meyer plow on Jinma 284? #20  
Steve,
Your project came out great!!
It is very clean and sano. I love your built in control valve protective cover too.