Oil & Fuel MF 1235, where to check and add hydraulic fluid?

/ MF 1235, where to check and add hydraulic fluid? #1  

matt701

Hello everyone. 2 years ago, I inherited from my dad a mid 90's MF1235 tractor which runs fine with about 800 hours on it. He had a MF1216 backhoe attachment which sat for about 10 years and I didn't think I would even use until my septic leach field failed this year. So after hooking it up and several hydraulic hose replacements after blowouts, I'm thinking I need to add hydraulic fluid. I've looked all over the tractor and the only place I see to add anything is the radiator haha, engine oil and another dipstick and add point over the rear axle. The rear axle fill point is still full and smells like gear oil so I don't think this is it. It's hydrostatic and that works fine, as well as the power steering, bucket and hoe now. I'm just wanting to make sure it's not running low and hoping someone knows where I can check and add hydraulic fluid if needed. Thanks ahead for any help.
Matt
Syracuse, NY

/ MF 1235, where to check and add hydraulic fluid? #2  
If I remember correctly for that model it is at back below the fuel tank and between where the lift arms (rockshaft) attach. The dip stick and the fill cap should be close to each other.

/ MF 1235, where to check and add hydraulic fluid? #3  
I have a 1240 the next size up, and agree with JerryG. One tip I learned for filling is to buy one of those funnels from Walmart or whatever that has the clear hose attached to the bottom and a twist shutoff valve. It's a little slow if you have to fill large volumes, but it's cheap and effective. The fill hole is sort of under the fuel tank, so holding a bottle right up to the lip on the fill is nearly impossible.